Chapter 9, "Awoken part II"

The next day, the sun has just rose up. The birds chirped as they woke up. Firebrand started to slowly wake up. His vision was just a bit blurry till his eyes were fully open. He yawned and then got up. Carefully lifting himself off the bed. But the funny thing is, he can't remember what happened just last night.

Just outside from his door, he heard what seems to be murmuring between two of his friends. He started to approach the door. Then he opened it. "GoldenFox? KP??" What are you two doing in front of my room?" He questioned. GoldenFox paused and then looked at Firebrand. "Oh, you're awake. Um. . .this would be a good time to tell you what happened to me, Silver, and Dr.Wolf. .but you gotta hear this. . ." He stammered a bit.

"What is it that I gotta hear?" Firebrand asked. "W-well. . ." GoldenFox begun, "Ink is. . .sort of out of town. She's currently in Cloudsdale—"

"What?! Cloudsdale?!?! Why in Celestia's name is she in Cloudsdale?!" Firebrand interrupted. "It was family reasons! Thats all she told me!" GoldenFox answered, stammering again.

Firebrand sighed, then looked at KP. "KP, don't mind heading into Cloudsdale for a moment?" He asked. "Why should I go??" KP pouted. "Because GoldenFox can't fly for a while due to his broken wing. And Silver is still wounded." Firebrand answered. "What about Lightning bliss?" KP asked. "She's in Canterlot."

"Ugh. Fine." KP said. And then without saying anything else, she left. After KP left, GoldenFox turned his look to Firebrand. Raising an eyebrow, "You love Ink, don't ya?" He questioned. Firebrand himself quickly blushed. "Agh. . .um. . .heh." He stammered. His gaze quickly turning to the other side. GoldenFox sighed, "If you love her, why not tell her?"

"Its kinda complicated." Firebrand nervously chuckled. GoldenFox rolled his eyes, "I'll tell you something. I felt the same way when I first met Keyframe, trust me. It was when I protected her from Chrysalis. I had a heart to prove it."
Firebrand stayed quiet, but then Goldenfox set a hoof on his shoulder for comfort. "If you have a heart for Ink, prove it too her. Unless she has a heart for you." He suggested.

Firebrand sighed, "The only thing that shows that I have a heart for her is when I either protect her or promise her something. Thats all I could do when I'm around her."
"Then prove more too her. But don't rush for anything. She will just understand why you do if you just believe in yourself that you could protect her." GoldenFox said, giving a smile. Firebrand looked at him, smiling back. "Thanks GoldenFox. To be honest, you're a lucky guy. You know." He complimented.

"I wouldn't say "Lucky" " GoldenFox chuckled. "I would say that you'd be lucky. Ink is a wonderful person that anyone has met. She's really helpful. And creative in her own way. Just knowing that yourself has chosen the right mare to love."

"The right mare to love?" Firebrand repeated. "Heh, if you say so."
"Trust me," GoldenFox promised. "Just show that you love her by protecting her or a family member of hers from any danger."
"I'll try." Firebrand agreed.

Meanwhile. KP has arrived at Ink's house. Who to figure that she found it. She knocked on the door. The door opened, in which turned out to be Ink's mother. "Oh um, hello. By any chance, are you Ink Rose's mom or.?" She asked. "Why yes," Ink's mother answered. "are you a friend of hers?"

KP nodded. "Alright. I'll get her." Ink's Mother said. Just a few minutes later, Ink's mom knocked on her door and slowly opened it. "Ink honey, a friend of yours stopped by. She wants to see you." She whispered in a sweet like tone. Ink Rose lifted her head, turns out that she was asleep. "Huh?" She groaned. "Alright mom. I'll be there in a few minutes." She yawned.

"Alright." Ink's mother said and walked away. Humming a tune. Ink Rose yawned again, "who could it even be? KP I guess." She said to herself. As she got up, she heard two of her little sisters playing around. Both laughing and having fun. However one of them stopped, looking at Ink when the door to her room was open. "Hi sis!" One of her sisters said and continuing on playing.