Brian

A MONTH LATER

Abbie and Brian have started dating. I know she is in love but I'm not sure about Brian. At least he's stopped staring at me and Sal and I feel good. Maybe he was alone and wanted a relationship. But I'm kinda sad that Brian isn't looking at me. Why do I feel sad? Why do I need attention from Brian? Why do I even care?

Sal and I on the other hand have been dating for two whole months now. It's been amazing really. I haven't thought of Richard and maybe I'm falling for him. What I thought would only be a rebound relationship actually transpired into something significant. Yes I'm definitely in love with Salvatore Vulcano. I hope he loves me back.

My thoughts about my beloved are interrupted by his call. I answer it.

" 'Ello love!", I said in a British accent.

"Damn that was a good British accent Susan. Its me Brian.", was the reply.

"Why are you calling me from Sal's phone? Everything okay?", I asked. Why would Brian do that.

"Oh everything is ok. Sal left his phone at the office. Thought I'd tell ya.", said Brian. That was actually plausible. "Um yeah so I don't think Abbie asked you yet", he continued, "Abbie and I would like to go on a double date with you and Sal. He's okay with it. Are you?"

"Oh of course Brian. When do you plan to go?", I asked.

"Is today ok? Abbie and I are free today.", he replied.

"Today's great. Text me the details ok.", I said.

"Sure thing. Also today's the first time you called me Brian. It sounds good when you say it. I'll text you Suze.", he said. Did he just flirt with me? With this man I don't know anything. Also his deep husky voice really REALLY turns me on. I'm a real bitch lusting after my boyfriend's best friend and I'm probably going to hell.

"Alright", I put on my sexy deeper voice, "Brian. Take care. Text me."

I go to Abbie's office and talked about the double date. It was her idea. Sure. We talk some more and she just can't stop gushing about Q. We talked about sex for some reason. She said, "Brian hates it when I call him Q in bed. He wants me to call him Brian always. Also the guy is an animal. I'd come and meet you for coffee in the evening but the man won't let me out of the house. How is Sal like?"

"What do you mean how is Sal like?", I said hoping she'd get the idea of how uncomfortable I am and stop.

"In the bed silly girl", she cooed.

"Umm... I can't really explain.", I said.

"Oh girl, I got it.", she winked. "It's always the nice guys who are maniacs in bed.", she spoke.

"Oh really. How nice is Brian again?!", I nudged.

"Brian is Brian. My Brian.", she gushed. The fuck is with all that possessiveness and sex talk.

"Well your Brian must let you breathe and have coffee with me in the evening.", I retorted. Her Brian. Pfft...

"Somebody's jealous. I know everybody loves me. That's why I suggested the double date silly. Took some convincing but he finally gave in. If you know what I mean.", she said winking at me.

"Of course I am you naughty girl.", I said and we laughed. She's so happy. I almost feel bad that I am crushing hard on Brian right now. I am such a bad friend.

Abbie and I were talking when my assistant Nora interrupted us.

"Miss Bishop, you have a phone call from a Mr Vulcano.", she said timidly.

"Alright transfer it to my private line please. I gotta go Abbie.", I say and rush to my cabin.

"Hello baby girl!", said Sal.

" 'Ello love!", I imitated a British accent.

"Right. Yes. Umm I left my phone in the office. Brian has it. So you said yes to the double date?", he asked

"Yeah. I don't really get to see Abbie apart from the office so I thought maybe we should go.", I said.

"Alright that's cool. Do swing by my place first. We need to talk.", he said. He sounded serious. I hate these four words.

"Actually Sal the bistro Brian told us to come to is more near to my place. Why dontcha come over? I'll make it worth your while.", I said.

"Damn girl. You bet I'll come.", he laughed.

"Get your phone first please.", I said.

"On it baby girl. See you at 7?", he asked.

"Yes Sal, 7 sounds good. I'll be waiting. Bye.", I said.

"Bye baby girl.", he said and disconnected the phone.

I am kinda confused right now but mostly happy. You're on Brian Quinn.
You're messing with the wrong girl.