Prologue

Hello,

My name is Alexandra, but call me Alex. I just turned 18 and I will go to college after this summer. I live in my own appartement for a year now so I can get a bit used to living alone. My parents live next door. I have a younger brother, Dan and a dog named Zeus. I had awesome highschool years. Boyfriends, rumours, teasing,.. I didn't fully escape from that, but who would? Just the normal life of a teenager.

I guess this story also starts in a morning where I wake up with sunshine on my face. I don't freaking wake up with sunshine in my face? That's just bullshit from the movies.

I don't do it like the movies, I do it real life.

My alarm goes off. Great. It's start of the summer, I graduated from highschool and now I have to take my little brother to his last day of school.

I sit up in my bed. I quickly make a messy bun out of my sleepy hair. My straight hair just doesn't allows me to wake up and don't look like a monster.

It's 6am. I walk out of my room. My appartement is small but big enough for me. I take a bowl, a spoon, cereals and milk to make a lovely breakfast. Hell not. I rather have my mom's breakfast but that isn't quite possible right now so I'll have to do it with this.

Zeus greets me with his brown eyes. 

'Hey there handsome.'

I smirk, we had this connection. I always wanted a dog and when I turned 9 I got this cute little puppy. Zeus.

I gave him his food and got dressed. I walked down the stairs playing with my phone. Not paying any attention to my surroundings. I bumped into somebody. A tall figure standig right in front of me.

Shit.

I looked up to connect with a pair of light brown eyes. The guy had a little smile on his face wich made him even more attractive. His black quiff made him look mysterious.

'Ow, sorry, I didn't see you.'

'Probably. Hey, my name is Zayn.'

'Alex.'

'Nice to meet you Alex, but I got to go now, I have my duties.'

I nodded and he walked past me. Before I could let some butterflies hit my stomach I ran downstairs. Up to the next building. My brother was already standing outside.

'What took you so long?'

'Wow there, little diva.'

'Shut up!'

'Behave Danny.'

'It's Dan, Alexandra.'

I picked my little brother up and dragged him to my car. He tried to get away but he needed to change his tone. I got in the driving seat and turned to face my 12 year old sibling.

'Did you forget anything?'

'No, stop acting like you're my mom.'

'Don't be so arrogant, not 1 single girl will like you if you are arrogant.'

'I don't like girls.'

'Not yet.'

He putted on the radio and listened to the news. He was quite intelligent. He always was but he was stubborn and he closed himself up. My mom wasn't so easy on him and dad was never home. I guess I will be his big sister and help him out.

'Hey Dan, I have a day off saturday. Invite some friends at my place, play some videogames, I'll get you guys something to eat or drink?'

'Thanks. That would be awesome.'

His smile made me happy. Usually he didn't like to hug me but he almost forced me into a big hug.

'Go you little monster and text me if you need help.'

'Bye Alex.'

He closed the car door and ran to his friends. My brother and I get along quite well. When mom or dad neither were there, I was and I guess that's why Dan likes me as his big sister. I wasn't too clingy and not too strict.

I drove to my work. A small charity shop in the center of town. 

I kept thinking of that guy I ran into. Not a really good first impression wasn't it.

Whatever. I'll probably never see him again.