Chapter 1

1. Big Supprise

I couldn't get my mind of Zayn. His warm, raspy voice. I could hear by his accent he wasn't from around here. A sudden bell woke me from my thoughts. The bell from the charity shop rang, somebody entered the shop, great. I tried to figure out where this person was but I couldn't find him. I walked down the aisle, searching, when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

'I'm here.'

I turned around. Zayn. What a coincidence.

'Alex? What a coincidence.'

Like he could read my mind.

'Hello Zayn, how can I help you?'

'I need a cute dress for my little sister, but an old school one, it's for a school play.'

I took his hand and dragged him between the clothes racks. I stopped when I saw a little red dress hanging between some ugly coats. I remember the girl who brought it in. She looked sad.

'This should be good.'

'It's very nice.'

I walked back to the counter with Zayn hot in my heels. I walked behind it and took of the ticket.

'How much?'

'5 pounds.'

He handed me the money.

'Thanks Alex.'

He smiled and left the shop. What the hell was he thinking? What did he do here? Right, buy a dress for his sister. That was kinda cute. No Alex. Don't go there, you'll get yourself a broken heart. He doesn't like you at all.

I was glad work was done. I closed the shop and picked my brother up. He wasn't talking and I knew something was up but I knew he didn't want to talk right now. I'd ask him later.

'Alex?'

'Yes?'

'Can I stay at your place tonight?'

'I'll ask mom.'

'Thanks.'

Iparked the car and unlocked the door.

'Mom?'

I didn't get an answer, she'd be in her office, probably. I ran upstairs and Dan went to his room to get his pyjamas.

'Mom, is it ok if Danny sleeps at my place tonight?'

'Ofcourse hunny, it's saturday tomorrow, and could you keep him untill sunday? Don't forget he has football training.'

'Ok mom. Bye.'

With my brother on my back I went upstairs into my appartement. He ran to the kitchen to get some snacks and I told him to pick a movie. I took a quick shower and joined him to watch Star Wars. He fell asleep on my lap and I moved him into my bed. After I cleaned the living room I joined him.

°next morning°

This time I did wake up by the sunlight lighting up my room. It was 10am. Danny was already up. He was watching Pokémon and I started to make some breakfast so we could eat it in front of the TV.

'Dan, are your friends coming today?'

'No.'

'Why not?'

'Nobody likes me.'

He looked at me with his puppy eyes. How could he say that?

'I like you.'

'Yeah, but you're my sister. Doesn't count.'

'You dork!' I shouted as I started tickling his stomach. We chased eachother and I pulled him over my shoulder when there was a knock on the door.

'Let me down!'

'Never!'

With my little brother over my shoulder I opened the door. Is he following me?

'Zayn.'

'Alex.'

'What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?'

'I live underneath you. I heared all this strange noises. I understand where they were coming from now. I'll leave you guys.'

He walked away before I could say something back.

What a jerk.

'Was that your boyfriend?'

'Danny! No he wasn't!'

'I saw the way you looked at him.'

'Shut up!'

He made some kissing noises and I started to tease him.

'Hey Danny, what if we'd go to the mall, I heared they have this cool shop for gamers.'

'Let's go!'

I felt sorry for him, he almost cried because of his friends. I'll get them someday. We had the best time of our lives going in to shops and out making fun of ourselves. We ate something and returned back home. I told him he'd be staying a second night. He didn't even ask why.