Chapter 3 - The Talk

Sorry I haven't updated lately! I promise I will try to do an update every weekend.

I would like to know your opinion on the story! Don't be afraid to comment, I'm open to criticism. ;)

XOXO

nathylu

***************************************************************************************************************

The next morning I woke up thinking about what had happened the night before. Everything happened so fast. I still couldn't believe that Zayn didn't recognize me. That was a thought that I couldn't get out of my mind! I got out of bed and saw that Melanie was still asleep. That little girl, see her reaction when she saw her favorite band is something that is priceless. After giving her a kiss on the forehead I went to the bathroom to take a small bath and so be able to clear my mind a little. When I left the bathroom I notice that Melanie was still lying in bed, sleeping soundly. As always she was the last person to wake up, she was a heavy sleeper just like Dad.

When I left the room I could smell something nice. When I turned my eyes to the kitchen I could see that Katie was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" Katie said very cheerfully.

"Good morning!" I said, savoring what she was cooking

"I'm doing some blueberry pancakes, some eggs with bacon and some freshly squeezed orange juice."

"That sounds and smells delicious." It really smelled delicious. Katie has always been a great cook, even at school she was the best. I think she learned that from her mom. She is a great chef and even she has her own restaurant in New York.

After sitting at the table, we started eating. After a few minutes Katie finally asked "How was the concert?" It was obvious that with that question all she wanted to know was what had happened with Zayn. 

"It was great, wonderful, spectacular!" Melanie said with a sleepy voice, sitting at the table. "It was unforgettable!"

While for her it had been an unforgettable moment, for me that was just a reunion with the past. A moment that (to be honest) I expected it to be otherwise. Sure, maybe I set my expectations too high, but I didn't expect him just to see me and not remembering me. But what else could I expect from a person that I haven't spoken for four years and is also famous. We are no longer the same people we were four years ago. 

"When you finish breakfast, you take a bath and then we'll take you to Dad's house" I told Melanie after finishing breakfast and as I walked into the kitchen,

"Sure" she replied "Thanks Katie for breakfast. It was delicious."

"I'm glad you liked"

While Melanie was taking a bath, Katie and I cleaned the table and the kitchen. I could see in Katie's face that she was dying to ask me what had happened with Zayn, but for some reason she didn't.  After Katie and I left Melanie at dad's house, we decided to have a coffee at Starbucks. I ordered a Caramel Machiatto while Katie ordered a Chai tea. Katie and I sat at a table and started talking. We talked for a long time. While Katie went to the bathroom I could tell that one of the waiters was watching at our table. He was very handsome. He had blonde hair and green eyes. His features were perfect, of course not as perfect as Zayn's. Why was I still thinking about Zayn? I had to find a way to get him out of my mind. It was almost impossible that someone like him wasn't dating someone famous. A few minutes after I crossed eyes with the waiter, Katie appeared. 

"Who is he?" Katie asked curiously "He is sexy"

"Not as sexy as Zayn" I answered without thinking. "I just said that out loud, right?"

"Yes!, You did." Katie said, "You still have feelings for Zayn, don't you?"

"No, I don't!" I replied angrily, yet doubtful. "I'm over him."

"Yeah right! Are you really over him? Because your mouth says something, but your eyes say otherwise." I didn't know what to say. She is my best friend and somehow she knows me better than I know myself.  I just couldn't lie to her. She knows me very well.

"Okay! Fine! No, I haven't forgotten him." I replied giving up. She knew when I was lying. "How to do it if he is a big part of my past. It's not as simple as I thought it would be." 

"Of course not. Or isn't that the reason why you stopped coming to London? Because you knew that if you kept seeing and spending time with him, that would only make things worse." 

Damn, how could she know me so well? She knows what to say at the right time. I couldn't believe that after so many years of not talking about Zayn finally I was doing it. And the more I remembered, the sadder I became.

After we had coffee, Katie left me at home and went to work. I needed a way to forget about Zayn. I needed to confirm that he was an impossible love, that he wasn't available! So the first thing I did was go to my room, grab my computer and sit on the bed. I typed the name of Zayn on the computer. The first thing I saw were pictures of him with the other guys from One Direction, he looked very happy in those pictures. I kept looking and then there were pictures of him with a girl. All those pictures had the same title 'Zerrie' I search the internet for 'Zerrie'. The first thing that appeared was an article that said 'Zayn Malik and his girlfriend Perrie Edwards, better known as Zerrie, celebrated their first anniversary in the most romantic way'.  As I thought he is dating someone. "Ok" I sighed. "He's with someone, which means that I have to worry about anything happening between us," I sighed with relief But then something happened inside me. I don't know how to explain it.