LILY

Nikolas looked at Lily for a moment as if her head had been cut off—the irony of the situation was rather laughable to say the least. "I better not," he answered with a queasy feeling creeping into his stomach. "I don't think they'd want to talk about it anyway."

    "Come on, Nikolas..." Lily whispered into his ear as she got closer to him once again. "Just ask them..." she was obviously encouraging the action, but the curly-haired boy was trying not to listen. It was nearly impossible not to hear her, though.

    "No," he protested, walking away from her in slight anger. "I've said it before and I'll say it again: I won't."

    "Aw, but why?" Lily stuck out her bottom lip like a toddler who was pouting. "It's not that bad since I've heard it three times, you know? They always talk about the bombs and how the air hurt their lungs when they used to breathe."

    Although he didn't want to hear the harsh words of how these three children—so innocent and lively, now—passed away from what he assumed to be the bombings of London, England in the 1940s. "Why're you telling me this?" Nikolas asked Lily as she crossed her arms over her chest and watched William, Arthur, and Judith each get up from playing with blocks and put their gasmasks on, slowly.

    "It's easier said than shown, Nikolas." Lily replied, walking towards the doorway with a sigh as she opened it. "And speaking of showing," she let the children march out of it first while they held hands and began to giggle. "All of us need to let you see."

    "See what?" the boy's breath was a puff of smoke in the air with a trembling in his words. "You said—"

    "I know what I said, but this is different." Lily broke in while walking into the hallway, watching Nikolas remain inside of the room. "It's about you."

    Nikolas closed his eyes out of pure doubt and a twinge of anger still in his system. He was absolutely sick and tired of being controlled like a puppet on a swing and getting told what to do as well as where to go. "Nothing is about me anymore," he opened his blue eyes and began an argument. He didn't want to, but arguing was all that could be done. "It's all about you. And William, and Arthur, and Judith; your brother, too, whatever his name—"

    "Levi," Lily sighed. "His name is Levi."

    "Well, Levi and everyone else here...you're all psychos. All of you."

    "What's a psycho?" Arthur asked from behind his gasmask. "Is it a bad person?"

    "Yeah," Lily crossed her arms and said in an irritated tone before disappearing into thin air: "Like Nikolas."

-

OK, so...

There's only two more chapters left in Glass Children and things are going to go reallllllllllyyy fast. Like, super-sonic-faster-than-me-running-out-of-a-haunted-asylum-because-of-toddler-ghosts fast. (See what I did there? Yah, LOLLL. Cooliosmosis, maaaan.)

Anyway, in the next chapter, it will technically be the last chapter of the book and then an epilogue.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:

THE NEXT BOOK IN THE GLASS CHILDREN SERIES WILL TELL ABOUT HOW THE KIDDOS EVEN GOT TO ROSEWOOD ASYLUM IN THE FIRST PLACE. *Insert crooked smile with Xs over eyes*

That was more of a celebration in my head...eh, oh well, fam.