Chapter 1: Heading off

(Art by: Tessie0713 (DeviantArt) )

Jesse

I woke up in a snap as my alarm went off, AT THE WRONG TIME!!

"CRAP! DID I PRESS SNOOZE THAT MUCH?!" I shout to myself as I hold my alarm clock in my sweaty hands.

"Get it together, Jesse!" I say as I toss my clock to the side. Having know idea where it would land.

I jump into the bathroom. Stripping off my clothes and hopping into the shower.

I quickly clean every inch of myself. First my thick brown hair then my, somewhat, pale body. I rinsed myself off, turned off the shower, grabbed my towel, and bolted to my closet. Almost slipping on the wet floor.

I grabbed my only clothes in my closet. A white flannel with blue jeans and red suspenders. For which my other clothes were packed in my suit cases, with all my other belongings.

I rubbed the towel furiously on my head and then threw it to the side. Quickly putting on my clothes.

With a quick glance in the mirror and a cheesy smile I grabbed my things and bolted out the door.

I ran downstairs and were greeted by my parents.

"Morning, Hun!" My mom smiled as she pushed aside her orange hair.

"Sorry we had to let you stay at OSHS. It's just most of the time we have to travel a lot! And we don't want you to be in lonely!" My dad said as he rubbed his neck.

My parents smile disappeared. Which I hated!

"Don't worry! I'll be fine. I understand!" I smiled. "Too be honest, I'm really excited."

Their smiles came back again.

"Love you guys! Miss you!" I said as I kissed my Mom on the cheek and hugged my Dad. "Bye!"

"What about Reuben?" Mom asked.

"I'll get him!" I said. I grabbed Reuben, my pet pig, who was waiting excitedly at the door.

"Bye!" I said once more then shut the door behind me.

The bus was right in front of my house. Honking loudly and impatiently. Take a chill pill.

I jumped on and a million eyes were staring at me. Eyes of freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and even seniors!

I sheepishly walked to the back of the bus as beads of sweat ran down my neck. As the students' gaze never left as I took each step.

I threw my belongings under my comfy leather chair and plopped down with Reuben on my lap.

The bus started moving and many whispering voices started talking.

"Does that guy have...a pig?"

"The guy in the back is kind of cute."

"Nice pig. Think he'll eat it?"

I just blocked out their stupid conversations with music. Placing earbuds in my ears and blasting the music which was, Panic! at the Disco.

I stare out the window as Reuben slept on my lap. Trees and buildings rushed past. It was almost like a blur.

But we stopped. My eyes faced the front of the bus as I took one earbud out my right ear.

"Shut up, Axel!" A girl with a green beaning and pigtails shot playfully.

"Whatever, Olivia!" A big guy with black scruffy hair said and nudged the girl.

They made their way to the back of the bus. Where I sat all alone. Which is how I liked it.
The girl sat in front of me while the guy sat on the other side of me. Throwing their belongings under the seats.