Chapter 7: The Jungle

Much later, when miles away from Twigknot Town, I found some ruins of an abandoned house near a lake, and used all I had left to piece it back together. The trunk of a spruce tree was used for the frame, and I thought it went perfectly well with the oak plank walls and dark oak stairs for the roof. I also built a small farm in which I would grow wheat, carrots, potatoes, beets, melons and pumpkins. I also led some sheep, chickens and cows into large pens so I would get fresh eggs, milk and wool regularly.
And just to stop any stray mobs or animals from trespassing, I built a sturdy stone wall around the whole of my farm.

This would be my first real home.

*1 hour later*
It was dusk, and I decided to climb onto the top of my house to see the last rays of sun get swallowed up by the horizon. Salmon was cooking in the furnace downstairs after my last minutes of boating and fishing in the lake next to my house.

I lay on my back to see the sun disappear and begin its slumber, before stars began to twinkle in the dark sky once again.

I closed my eyes and felt....relaxed. I knew the moon was rising in the East now. The tingling feeling started at my feet, ran up my legs and torso and slowly up my neck, making its way to my head. Instead of waking myself up and wondering what this amazing feeling was, I let it go.
It flowed through my nerves, made my blood pump faster through my veins. There was an electrical buzzing sound, kind of like an enderman. But I knew that this was no enderman. It was me, my brain, the feeling, the pitch of the buzzing itself getting higher and higher, like my head would burst!

My eyes shot open and flashed purple!

I sat up, my eyes simmering down to a low lilac colour.
"What the - ?" I looked at myself, just to see if there were any changes to my body; for some reason, I was out of breath.

"It's never been that strong before?" My pulse slowed down and the strange feeling faded.
The moon was right above me now, its craters staring down at the earth. All the animals I had lured into my farm were now snuggling up on the carpet beds I had provided for them, reminding me to go to bed. I think I deserved some sleep after that...event. But as I was tucking myself under the warm bedsheets, I couldn't help but feel different....
Special.

The next morning, I felt refreshed - I hadn't felt like this for a while! I harvested the crops and tended to the animals, grabbed my tools and set off. I was going to explore a mine that wasn't far from my Farmhouse. After doing some brief mining in some shallow caves, I was planning on taking a look at the jungle biome.

"Here it is!" I smiled.
I placed spare dirt blocks to make a staircase down the endless, winding cave tunnel. I wasn't going to mine too deep; I wasn't planning on get hopelessly lost in the dark, winding tunnels of a mineshaft.

"Coal! Sweet," I said.
After about half an hour of finding coal and iron, I was about to give up. But then I noticed a pathway leading to a large, open space.
I gathered some mushrooms that grew in the damp areas of the cave and mined a few rare minerals. Well, they seemed rare to me. One had red encrusted in it, called 'Redstone'. I had definitely heard of that one before, but I would have to read more about it later on so I could fully understand its function. Another had blue in it, and was named 'Lapis Lazuli'. I think this could be used to dye wool and other objects, but I think it could also be used in the process of enchanting.

The last seemed quite familiar, with bright green jewels in it - emeralds!

FWOOSH!