Chapter 2

Please take note: that number one: this is my own original work straight from my thumb, so please save the "you stole my ideas" because you don't want none of this...please believe, and then number two: this book plays off in South Africa, yes we actually do have wolves and also other parts of the world. So please read and tell me what you think - D

JESS POV

About six months ago I broke the news to my mother, I told her I am gay and being the great mom she is, I thought she would have no problem with it but I was so wrong because a week ago she told me we are moving…to London.

6 months ago

“Mom I need to..uhmmm tell you something and I don’t want you to hate me if I do” I said nervousness evident in my voice,  while playing with the food in my plate as I sat across the dining table from her, looking up from cutting her meat with a curious expression she responded, “ don’t be silly I could never hate you, you make me nothing but proud and hunny, you know you can talk to me about anything…my god you...you are not having….”, “no mom gosh, moooom it’s not that it’s, ughhhh….mom I-I-I….I’m gay” I said my cheeks flushed from both nervousness and embarrassment at my mother’s assumption, if only she knew her daughters innocence is no more, a long silence followed until I finally spoke the first words, “mom aren’t you going to say anything?” she just stared off somewhere and it looked like she was…..thinking? “Honey are you certain that this isn’t a…a.. phase? She said while stuttering, “mom Dani and I have been dating two years now, ever since the first week they moved here, tha-….”, at the mention of Dani’s name she stared at me in horror, “you and Da…Dani Phomiaux?”, “yes mom me an-….mom how did you know her surna-…” she cut me off before I could finish my question, “Jessica, I can’t accept this,” she said more scared than anything else, “mom is it because I’m with Dani?”, she never answered me instead she got up from her seat and walked away just like that…. ‘She hates me, she said she wouldn’t, but she hates me, is it Dani? No, she doesn’t even know her like I do, but I love her Mom… even if you don’t approve, nothing would change that, nothing’ I thought. She wasn’t the same with me ever since but I couldn’t understand did she know about Dani’s condition? That might be it, but how would she know if I didn’t tell her, she’s not the type of mom that snoops around but why was she scared, everything changed…everything.

Dani was cradling me in her arms rocking me back and forth telling me it’s going to be O.K while I know it wasn’t going to be at all, my mom informed me she got a restraining order against Dani and her family that will be in working order once we set foot on that plane Monday morning and that she will not come near me ever again, remembering that made me cry even more, why was she doing this to me? I cried myself to sleep in my loves arms only to wake up alone.

Sitting up I saw Dani sitting on the couch by the window, tears quietly running down her cheeks but at the same time no emotion visible on her features, seeing that tore my heart I knew she was trying to be strong for us both but inside she was dying. I got up and sat in front of her and cried with her until her mom called us down for breakfast.

Her mom was the sweetest woman ever, she accepted our relationship the moment we told her about us and her dad well he didn’t even flinch when we told him he simply nodded and smiled simply because their daughter was practically not a woman but her features seemed to think otherwise, sometimes I wonder if her parents feel the same way about us because they didn’t say much when we had told them, but then again I have never heard them discourage their children in any way even when Justin told his father he doesn’t want to go into the family business, but the fashion industry so giving up owning over 20 Airlines to become a Fashion Designer would be considered ludicrous but  Mnr. Phomiaux gave Justin his blessing and it was all said and done avoiding the route of disownment, regret and prejudice.