The Begining

EMMA's Pov
*Beep*
*Beep*
*Beep*

"Oh my freaking goodness" I muttered into the pillow.

I slammed my hand on the clock. Muttering colorful words under my breath I got out of my warm and comfortable bed and headed towards the bathroom with my eyes solid shut.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, put on my glasses and put my hair into a bun. I decided on putting on my Into The Wild sweat shirt and some baggy sweat pants as per usual. While I was getting dressed i had heard something downstairs.

I grabbed the nearest thing and crept down the stairs slowly. While I heard them get closer to the stair case I ran with a battle cry and attacked whoever was there.

"Ow! Emma stop" I immediately stopped once i recognized the voice. It was my older brother, Kade.

"When did you get here?" I said while attacking him with a hug. I've missed him so much, he's been away at college and I've been here all alone.  

"Came late last night but you were dead asleep"
He replied while breaking the hug.

I hit his shoulder. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

" I wasn't looking to die" he shot back.

I rolled my eyes and headed into the kitchen to grab and apple. "Where's mom and Dad?" Kade asked.

"On a business trip. Again" I replied.
"Okay" he said knowing that it happens all the time.

The distance between my parents and I doesn't really bother me. When they are in town they are working at the company and when they aren't they just add money into my bank account for my necessities and other things that I might want. I'm fine with the way my life is set up, it's like I was made to live such a life. A lot of people would wish for a life like this, but sometimes I can't stand it. It's nice and all but I don't understand why it's such a necessity in today's society.

Looking at the time I decide that it is about time that I leave for school. 

"Well I'm heading to school see you later"
I got my bag and headed towards the garage that has all my babies. I love all my cars but I just take my ordinary black bmw to school.

I got into the car and drove to Candice Academy.

--------------At School-----------------

Once I entered the school all eyes were on me. I instantly put my head down to stare at my shoes as if it was the most interesting thing in the world as I walked towards my locker.

*ring*

I quickly ran towards my locker only to run into a wall.  I looked up to see Ethan Moore, the school player.

 "Sorry"  I whispered softly. I bent down to pick up my books when I saw a pair of hands helping me.

I looked up to see Ethan helping me. Sensing my stare he looked up and handed me my books and leaving without a word. No smile, No questions asked, he just walked away. Thank God.

I walked towards the classroom seeing as I don't see the reason to run anymore. I entered the room as all eyes were on me and once again I looked towards my shoes while walking to my desk.

"What a loser"
"She's such a freak"
 I hear as I'm walking towards my seat, at the back of the classroom. The usual remarks I get. Oh well can't do anything about it.

I get to my seat and try to settle down. Just as I put my notebook on my desk I hear a voice.  

"Hey I'm Olivia" I looked towards the sound of where the voice was coming from.

A girl sat next to me with her hand held out for me to shake. She had straight platinum blond hair with a pink streak, light brown eyes, and a pale skin tone. Nothing like my wavy brown hair, hazel eyes and a tan skin tone.

I muttered a soft hi while shaking her hand.

"What's your name?"Olivia asked

"My name is Emma, Emma Low" I answered

" Omg you mean your the kid of Kathy and Nicholas Low?" She asked shock crossing her face.

"Yep" I answered ending the conversation and looking back at what the teacher was teaching.

------------Few Periods Later-----------

I've been trying to avoid Olivia all morning but why try if she's gonna try to talk to me anyways. I don't know what it is about that girl, like I understand she's new and all but, Why me?

I walked into the cafeteria and headed straight towards the lunch line. Once I got my food I decided to eat it outside under a tree while on my phone reading wattpad.

Omg she can't run away. She has a fam-
I was interrupted with my mental ranting when I felt a presence beside me.

I looked to my left to see Olivia sitting next to me. Why does she sit next to me? Does she know that I'm at the bottom of the high school chain? I thought to myself.

"Why are you sitting under a tree and not in there?" She questioned while pointing towards the cafeteria.

"Because I'm the nerd and I don't deserve to be sitting in there" I answered. She asks to many questions.

"But your rich" she implied.

"No my parents are rich, I'm not and its not all about the money" I shot at her.

"Yea I know and I didn't mean it like that. It's just different from how my old school was like. At my old school you were ranked in popularity by how rich you are" she explained.

"Well that doesn't happen here, here people are ranked by stereotypes and now that you have talked to me you are going to be labeled the nerds loser friend so I suggest that you quickly make some other friends until the label sticks" I clarified.

"I'm good, I think we'll be good friends"
She replied.

I really didn't want to stick around to see what it is that she will say next, And as if God heard my prayers.....

*ring*

Thank you. I think to myself. 

"Well I better go to class,see you later" I said while walking away.

------------In Class-----------

"- so in conclusion the limit does not exist"(Mean Girls reference) the teacher drowned on.

"Okay class we are going to have a project on real world problems using these equations and you will be having partners. So the pairs are:
- Nathan and Heather
- Olivia and Alex
Blah
Blah
Blah" As I hear more and more names go by I can't help but think the worst of the worst. 

Ethan's name has not been called on yet, same as mines and I swear if I am stuck doing this project with this jerk I wi-   My thoughts interrupted by the next three words  the teacher reads.
"- Ethan and Emma"

"What!" We both shouted with shocked faces.

-N😋