1. New Life, New Me

This is the second book in the FANGS series, so if you haven't read the first one it's called FANGS. Also, don't forget to VOTE or COMMENT! Alright, here's the first chapter of FANGS Book 2: Lone Wolf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trevor!" I looked down to see Sarah clinging to a branch woven into the side of the cliff. Then she fell and hit the rocky ground below.

"Sarah!" I screamed, tears running down my face.

When I had gotten down to her cold, dead body I found a tiny, broken bottle with a few drops of liquid in it. The Gene. Sarah had taken the Gene as she was falling. I picked up the broken pieces and looked at them in the palm of my hand. All of a sudden I heard a scream or perhaps more of a shriek coming from about fifteen feet away. Miranda came rushing over to Sarah's aid. "Tina, do something!" she cried while rubbing Sarah's lifeless face with her thumbs.

I started to turn around and walk away to leave Miranda to grieve on her own but Tina said, "She's alive."

"That's impossible. The Gene wouldn't have gotten through her system completely before she hit the ground."

Tina stood up from her crouched position and dusted her hands off on her pants. "Trevor, I'm telling you that your girlfriend's alive. Can you not focus on the science of it but more of the fact that she survived this tragedy?"

I tried to take all of this in. I had so many questions. Where would she stay while she's recuperating? With me? Miranda? Does she need medical attention? Do supernatural creatures get their own hospitals? "What are we going to do with her body until she wakes up?"

Then appeared Eve out of no where. "I might have an idea."

"Oh hell no. You are not getting involved in this. You're partially at fault for what happened here!"

She walked closer and stood in the moonlight of the clearing. "What, you don't trust me? That's kind of funny because I should be the one not trusting you guys since you're the ones who tied me up."

I scoffed to myself, and I'm pretty sure Eve heard it.

Eve laughed, "Well it sucks for you guys because I was actually a nurse in the 1960s."

"Ha! I find that hard to believe!"

"Trevor, the time you're wasting here arguing with Eve, you could be helping Sarah get better." Miranda walked over to Eve. "Help her. Do whatever you need to do, but just know..." Miranda moved her hand in front of Eve's face and Eve started to lay on the ground in a fetal position. "...that I'm her best friend..." Eve started to cry out in pain and scratched at her skin all over her body. "...and if you do anything to hurt her, remember I can turn your blood into poison in two seconds." Miranda turned back around to face me. "She's all yours." Then she left and stepped over Eve's body.

I leaned over Eve's body and reached my hand out for her. She stood up and said a few "choice" words about Miranda. When she tried to walk towards Sarah's body I grabbed her arm and said, "This doesn't make us friends. You heal her under my terms and update me everyday. Understand?"

"Yep. It's almost like when we were dating right? Everything was under your terms." I let go of her arm and walked over to Tina. "You better go check on Miranda. She needs you." Tina nodded and left.

Finally, I was alone with Eve. "Now show me where this makeshift hospital of yours is going to be."

_________________________________________________