Sunny Side Up

An hour later, Eggilina is rubbing her shell up against mine in graceful, gentle motions. More and more, little holes start to form in my shell due to my growing eggrections. I still cannot believe that Eggilina is here in my carton, engaging in sweet eggy love-making with me. I'm trying not to squirt my yolk all over Eggilina but it's just so hard. She's so perfect and it feels so good. Eventually, I decide that I can't take it anymore. Eggilina rubs her shell against mine slowly but firmly and I let my warm yolk flow out of my eggy holes. My shell turns pink with embarrassment and Eggilina whispers "Did you like that?" I nervously stutter, "Y-yeah I did like that." Suddenly a crack appears in Eggilina's shell and she whispers, "I have a surprise." What surprise could possibly have to do with that crack in her shell? Slowly more and more cracks appear in Eggilina's shell and I start to get a little scared and nervous. To my horror, Eggilina's shell cracks completely open and a small brown thing pokes out. More and more of the brown object comes out of the shell and my hearts drops. Eggilina is...is a platypus. The baby platypus crawls around and pokes me with its bill. I sadly roll out of my carton and whisper to myself, "There's nothing to live for now that Eggilina is gone." I see the edge of the brown surface where the town rests. I have nothing so what's the point of staying here? What's the point of even living? I slowly roll closer to the edge and I look down. There's a flat surface at the bottom, where my egg will definitely crack open. I turn and look back at the town for the last time and then I roll off of the edge, meeting my fate.