The End of the World

"Oh Shit" my younger self said as I watched on my television screen about a virus turning people into hideous infected people who are basically like cannibals but only unglier.

"What kind of T.V show is this"

I turned it off scoffing at the idea, the sound of screaming reached my ears startling me.

"Those fucking neighbors again, they should just break up already"

I yanked the window open, the sight I saw causing me to cover my mouth in shock.

There were people with hanging flesh on their skin just attacking anyone they saw. Looking more closely, I saw one looking at me through the window blood mixing in with the flesh falling from its mouth

"SHIT, SHIT, SHIT"!!! I exclaimed panicking, tripping onto the floor, crawling away and quickly got up locking all the doors and windows then rushed up stairs, locking the windows. I abruptly stopped thinking about my family and if there were somehow okay.

"They find a way to be okay" assuring myself.

Going down to the basement/garage where my father mostly spends his alone time inventing things, he's basically like Tony Stark and pressed a hidden button behind a tarp that he had showed me incase of a emergency and the walls of the basement/garage turned from empty to stacked with weapons, clothes, shoes, medical supplies, cash, food and, keys to different vehicles or so I presumed then the floor shifted and out sprang different cars and a black motorcycle causing me to stare in wonder scanning the rest of the room a oven, refrigerator, deep fringe, stove, toaster, cabinets, and a sink in the corner of the room along with a bed, some drawers and a closet in the other corner.

"What the hell was he preparing for the end of the world" ironic giving the situation.

I looked over to my dads workshop and saw a envelope walking over to it in curiosity seeing my name scrawled on it
'Dad was never the best writer'

Dear Blake,
If you are reading this then something has happened and knowing you, you've already press the button behind the tarp now if I'm not there, I want you to look under my work station and by look I mean push and when you do push it to the side and under the carpet is going to be a safe, now the code is zombie345 grab what's inside, it's yours to keep, we were going to give it to you for your birthday next week(which is today)but whatever happened has happened so Happy Birthday Little Munchkin, Love You.
Sincerely,Big Munchkin

Finishing the letter, I noticed some tears on it realizing that it's dads and mines causing more tears to spill from my eyes.
I  put my back to the desk and pushing it to side lifting the carpet seeing the safe and put the code in yanking the little door and pulling out the most beautiful necklace I ever land eyes on in the shape of a key.