Chapter 2

Chapter Two

I didn't mind acting like I was in love with Harry. It wasn't that hard, and I would have a new boyfriend tomorrow so I could make it more realistic. 

After drama, Harry and I headed to our lockers and then the cafeteria. We went through the lunch line; today's special was a ham and cheese sandwich. Harry, Lucy, and I all took it, as it was better than everything on the normal menu. We sat down, alone, because the rest of my and Lucy's friends were still on their winter vacation. Lucy told us about her human studies, as she wanted to be a therapist. She talked about a study, but I wasn't really listening. I was thinking about Dylan. I knew I was going to say yes to him, but tomorrow. I didn't know how the relationship would go. He could be brutal sometimes, but I'll just stay on his good side. 

              After lunch, I dragged myself to the rest of my classes. During free period, Harry and I decided to go practice our scene. I hadn't read through the whole thing yet, but I knew it was supposed to be good. We walked to the theatre to find it empty. I flicked on the lights and started towards the stage. 

 "So, are you an aspiring actor too?" I asked him.

"Yea, but I also love to sing," he replied. I jumped onto the stage and opened my script. I walked to stage left and he started in the center. He looked at his script.

"Jane? Jane, where are you?" he asked, while frantically looking around the stage.

"I'm here, Liam. My father was lecturing me, and I just snuck out." I replied while walking to the middle of the stage. I hugged him, as the script said. 

"Listen, Jane. I've been meaning to tell you something," he said while looking down.

"Ok, I'm listening," I read. While Harry sat thinking, I realized that this was a very short scene. 

Harry looked up into my eyes. "Jane, from the first day I met you, I thought you were beautiful. I love you," he said softly and sweetly. His deadly gaze pierced my brain as I stared into those jade green orbs. He was hypnotizing. 

"And I love you too," I replied. We took a look at our scripts. He was supposed to kiss me. He took another long look in my eyes before he started to lean in. I closed my eyes before his soft lips pressed lightly and gently onto mine. 

I'll admit, he was a good kisser. It only lasted about three seconds before he pulled away. "And cut," he said. We grinned at each other. We practiced the scene a couple more times until the bell rang. School's over. We walked out and I turned off the lights. I headed to my locker. No homework today. 

We jumped on the bus and I sat down in the middle. Just as Harry was about to sit down next to me, Dylan Sanders tapped him on the back saying, "You mind if I take this?" Harry quickly shook his head and went to take a seat by himself in the back. Dylan sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder, giving me a cheesy grin.

 "So babe, what do you think? Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"Yes, you know it!" I said, giving him a peck on the cheek. 

As the bus pulled up to my stop, Dylan said that he'd hopped on my bus, just to ask me that, and that it wasn't his bus so I invited him to my house. 

We walked inside, after I said goodbye to Harry.

My mom wouldn't be home from work for a while and my dad was on a business trip.                        We went up to my room and I sat on my bed. Good thing I made my bed this morning. He sat next to me. 

"You know, Lo, I've always thought you were beautiful." 

"Aw, thanks. I've always thought you were handsome," I replied. After he had said that, I thought about my scene.