Chapter 9: The Boogeyman

*Edited*

Hiccup's POV

*Classes ended*

Classes ended a while ago. Me and Astrid were walking along the halls silently to the front door. At least on the outside 'cause in my brain there's this nagging question that I've been asking myself since earlier. Why Rapunzel? Again! I mean come on! Give her a break! The girl just got kidnapped and now there's this shadow-sneaking ratbag. Wow! Just wow! Can't these people take it easy on my friend?! Mother Gothel is good now but Pitch? I don't even know what that man's problem. Yeah,I just got the news from Anna who was walking by along with Aurora. But I didn't go to the clinic,I decided to look for the others.(Big 5,excluding Rapunzel.) Also,I saw Astrid again and started talking a little while heading to the front door. But after a while,we stopped. 'Cause I keep freaking zoning out!

"Hey,you okay?" I sighed.

"Yeah,something's just bothering me but I can handle it," I replied.

"Oh really? 'Cause from the looks of it,I think you're about to erupt lava." I looked down at her and saw her with one raised eyebrow.

Should I tell her? It's not that I don't trust her but we need to keep this as a secret and telling her about Rapunzel will blow it. If I told her about Rapunzel being attacked by the Boogeyman who she doesn't even believe to,then she'll know that us,The Big 5, have been chosen as Guardians and protect the children of the world. I know it's not bad but for the sake of the icy couple(*cough* Jelsa*cough*) and Rapunzel,we need to keep it a secret or else they'll think we're freaks. And they won't look at us the way they do now. Although they treat us like some popular group or something but we don't really care. Wait,we're getting out of topic here.

"Let's just say that some evil...'disease' have..uh killed one of my friends from a different country." Okay..? That was lame.

"Wow,you have friends from another country? How come you never told me this."

"I haven't told you some things about me,Astrid," I said as we reached the front door.

"Fine,well then see you tomorrow. I need to go." Then she did something I never expected. She pecked me on my cheek while I was starring wide eyes and my cheeks were heating up. She stared at me for a few moments then her eyes widen with realization.

"Uh..t-that was an a-accident," she said,pushed the door open then walked out. I must have looked like an idiot right now standing here while rubbing my cheek where she just kissed me. I stood there for a few minutes when I heard my name being called.

"Mr. Haddock? Are you alright?" Mr. Arendelle came. I snapped out of my daze when I heard snickering. It was Jack, Elsa, Merida and Mr. Arendelle in front of me with a confused expression.

"Oh uh,yes?" I smiled nervously.

"In my office." He started walking away while we followed him.

"So...what happened to you back there?" Jack asked,smirking.

"Shut up." He chuckled.

•°•°•°•°•°•

Third Person

Hiccup, Jack, Elsa and Merida followed Mr. Arendelle through the halls. The teasing between Jack and Hiccup stopped and turned to worry. Worry for their friend Rapunzel. Same with Elsa and Merida. They walked the stairs up to the second floor where the office is. After taking a left,the office came into view. At the end of the hall. Mr. Arendelle opened the door and let them in,he came in last and closed the door. What he didn't know was that the door was left ajar.