Not asleep but not awake

One night there was a boy. A boy about the age where you would start thinking about your future. Also you would reflect on your past. The age where everything is unclear. Of course this would be about 13. The boy was not strong or athletic person, in fact he had just recently hurt himself. The doctor believed it to be a pinched muscle. She told him told apply heat, massage the shoulder and take medicine for pain. He could no longer use his arm freely. This, among other things was keeping him awake at night.
On the night in question he had a lot to think about. Such as high school, his behavioral problems and controlling his emotions. The thing he just could not wrap his head around was the fact that he was expected to act like a 13 year old but he was treated as a child so when he messed up the 13 year old would get the consequences but also whenever he did good it was acknowledged for an hour or so and none else. Many things seemed out of his control. He couldn't manage his emotions well enough and he was losing his friends. This made him even more angry than before. Unfortunately this just led to more built up anger. This is obviously bad for you so yeah. The more anger he built up the closer he was getting to exploding.
The closer he came to exploding the more snapped the more he snapped the less friends he had. His girlfriend had come extremely close to breaking up with him twice already and this did not help the situation. He's been trying so hard to get better. The only problem is that he can't control himself. The rage that has been building up is breaking through. As it comes through it destroys the boy himself.
He eventually breaks and when he does some serious stuff goes down. He gets in trouble for screaming at everyone. He screams every flaw, every insult and everything he hates about everyone to their own face. Yeah he's gets grounded and this just makes him more mad. This causes him to lose sleep. And because he's insomniac he can't fall asleep anyway. He drifts through life not asleep but not awake.