Demons In The Dark

She was playing a harsh game with me, one that I did not want to take part in but it's not like she gave me the courtesy of having a choice. She has single-handedly taken from me everyone that I have ever loved and now she is hunting me, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. I may not be the first person that she has destroyed but I will be the last, I will kill her even if it is the last thing I do.

"Run Aubrey, run! I am going to catch you! There is nowhere for you to hide where I won't find you..." They hiss from all around me, their voices replaying her words over and over again- like a broken record.

"Come get me! I have already lost everything; there is nothing left for her to take from me!" I scream back at them.

They have been chasing me deeper into her hunting grounds, theirs hisses leaving me for only minutes at a time, haunting what little sleep that I get with the sounds and images of Nathan's screams as her dagger digs deeper into his flesh before she viciously rips her dagger out as she roughly shoves him onto my lap. Right before I wake up from the same nightmare that they have always given me since she's started her little game, I watch the light drain from his eyes as his blood pumps out of his body with every beat that his heart makes and I watch it carry on even once his heart has stopped.

Leaving me to face this on my own.

Leaving me alone.

All alone.