Dates

Jade's POV

December 18, 2015

Today's the day. I know I've said that before, but today is really the day. It's finally happening for me. I'm actually happy that I'm alive. I've started dwelling less on the past and on my parents and started focusing on me. It's amazing what finding actual friends and kinda having a boyfriend will do to you. Law's had me writing three good things that have happened to me everyday since the night he asked me out. It's only been a week and Carrie and Katie are saying that they've noticed an improvement in me. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope this feeling will last.

Jade.  

Tonight's my date with Law, somehow in between the night he asked me out and today it turned into a triple date. That's fine with me though, his brothers are really nice and they're going with my friends so what could go wrong. I just hope Ace doesn't expect anything from Carrie, she's definitely not that type of girl.

I sighed as the sound of my phone ringing interrupted my mind babble.

"Hello?" I answered.

"What should I wear tonight?" Katie panicked from the other end.

"I'm not sure, I didn't think to ask." I smiled sheepishly as she sighed in frustration.

"I'll call Carrie, you call Law and figure out what type of clothing we need to wear. We'll be at your house in fifteen." she said before hanging up.

'Well this is great. They'll be picking us up from here and my parents are home. What else could go wrong today of all days.' I thought as I dialed Law's number.

"Come on, pick up....pick up..." I sighed.

"Don't tell me you're canceling -ya." he mumbled into the phone after the fourth ring.

"No, but what should we wear?" I asked in a hurry.

"Clothes -ya." he teased yawning.

"I'm being serious. Were you sleeping?" I asked.

"Dress clothes. Yeah, I was -ya." he yawned again.

"So a dress and a coat?" I asked still confused.

" shoes and bring pajamas. You're not going home tonight -ya." he sighed into the phone.

"Got it, so what are we doing today?" I coaxed.

"First we're doing what Luffy planned, then Ace, and last me. Quit trying to get me to tell you -ya." I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was smiling.

"Uhhhh...fine, but I got to go. They'll be there any minute."

"Alright, we'll pick you up in Ace's car. Luffy's going to have to go to the door to get you guys. I'm not dealing with your parents again -ya." he laughed before hanging up.

I threw my phone onto the bed and walked to my closet. I had nothing that would be appropriate to wear. The only dress I had was the one that I was wearing when I first met him and I don't want to relive that day with him. I don't think it would be that great of a date topic.

"Jade! Come out here!" my dad yelled.

What could they possibly want now. I'm not hurting anything and haven't even talked to them.

"What is it?" I asked opening my bedroom door and walking out into the hallway.

"Your mother and I are going out later tonight. You and your friends are gonna have to be gone before we leave. We don't want to deal with saying goodbye to you. Once we leave we won't be back for two days and we're locking the house up. You're not to have anyone over." he glared at me as he explained.