Chapter 1: I Don't Normally Do This

Your heart thudded, and you felt the familiar bright ball of nervousness in the pit of your stomach. Your cat eyes stared back at you and you snaked your hands down your chest and around your torso. Your makeup had the best cat eye you'd done in years, deep read shiny eye shadow dusted on your eyelids, and matching lipstick to boot. Your brilliant [E/C] eyes flashed as you turned around, and your gorgeous [H/C] locks slid over your shoulder, curling perfectly right at the ends.

You don't normally go out, but you'd been stressed out the past week with all the shit you put up with. You were an apprentice fashion designer at a loft in New York, and your boss had really been getting on your case about some of your designs. The season of giving and receiving wasn't quite reflected in your works. "Too dark, and seductive. Our theme this year will be innocently sexy! Be subtle with it! Less is more! Give them a little guessing room," she had roared at you earlier, shaking her head sadly like you'd just never get it.

To let the steam off, instead of throwing out the prototype material for your outfit, like you usually did, you took it home and completed it. You decided to treat yourself, wear it out to a club nearby, and enjoy yourself.

Growing up, you had many issues with insecurity. Both within yourself and your looks. You latched onto fashion because you were sick and tired of feeling ugly in the clothes you wore everyday. Kids picked on you for your size, the way you looked in awkward clothes your parents bought, the way you spoke, the way your face looked to them. All of it made you fed up, so you began to recreate yourself. You controlled how your image was, you made clothes, you lost your weight over time, pampered and applied gorgeous makeup, and styled your hair as you saw fit. As you gained more confidence with the more clothes you made, others in the school gave you more attention. Your ego was inflamed, and so that became who you were. Someone with a deathly glare, and a seductive smirk that called everyone to you, but only few actually approached out of fear.

So, why the fuck, were you so nervous about going out? Was it because you hadn't done so in so long? You took steadying breaths and kept running your hands down your body, looking at your design. It was sexy enough for a night club, no doubt. The color was a dark burgundy, and the edges had black fluff trim. Your original take was an evil and sexy Mrs.Claus, but your boss couldn't handle it. She absolutely loved your friend's design, though. A fluffy and short red and white dress, made to look like an adorable candy cane. You loved Hanji with your whole heart, but you couldn't help but scoff at the design. It was so simple, it couldn't have taken a long time to create. Let alone that her passion for fashion wasn't nearly as strong as yours.

Yet, you didn't get the time of day. You had slaved for hours over yours. It was a leather outfit. A skin-tight long sleeved vest that stopped halfway down the torso, showing off your adorable belly button. And the piercing you had there; you recalled getting your belly button pierced with Hanji and you both shrieked watching it go in. You laughed at the memory and looked down, you made a high-low skirt to accompany it. The ends of the skirt, your collar, and your wrist's end of the top all had black fluff. 'Fuck her, this shit was genius,' you seethed mentally.

You exited your messy bathroom, and looked around your spacey loft. Your apartment was actually pretty big, considering how young and upcoming you were. The area opened up to a big living room, with tall glass windows. The rooms height had to be nearly 10 feet. The living room was neat, modern black and white furniture along with a flat screen TV, you plopped down onto the couch.

Behind you was a small kitchenette spot, having everything you needed, and it all came with its own silverware and appliances. Down the hall from the big room was your bedroom and the bathroom. Your bedroom had a nice and comfy queen size bed, sketching desk, and a corner that held some of your materials and a mannequin for when you felt like bringing your work home with you.