Chapter 7

Leo's POV:
It's been a few weeks. Nothing has happened between Raphael and I after that heated kiss, besides for a few flirtatious spars while training. I still couldn't figure out what that feeling was. It felt like a deep mix of things, something hidden and buried for years. It was so wrong, though. Very wrong. I mean, siblings kiss each other once in a while, but that. That was not a sibling kiss. Not at all.
   Raph has sure been acting different around me. His body language, his looks, his attitude. They would all change on a whim. He'd be so happy, gaily smiling and laughing one minute, then he'd storm away another after something I'd say or do. It was definitely frustrating. Raph made it so difficult to read him.
   The others, thankfully, haven't noticed anything different, besides for Raph's occasional good moods. I sighed quietly, glancing over to the table from the couch. The other three were playing a board game, which I passed on playing. I sat cross-legged on the couch, wanting time to "sort some issues out." I wasn't lying, that's for sure.
   That kiss was a mistake. It had to have been. It couldn't have been any sort of feeling, or anything of the sort, just a regretful thing. I've been trying to convince myself that it was, half hoping it was true, half hoping it was not. I don't understand how it's such a difficult thing to forget, just a stupid, meaningless, but heartfelt, kiss. It was nothing.
   "Suck that!" I rolled my eyes, turning my head towards the kitchen. "You cheat! There's no freakin way you won three times in a row!" I smiled slightly. "Well Raph, it is possible by chance..." "Shut it, D." Raph looked my way, and I gave him a stupid grin. He half smiled back. Man, that smile. With the eyes. No. Stop acting like that.
   I turned back around, trying to control the blush forming on my face. I stood, stretching my cramped legs and arms before heading towards my room. "I'm heading to bed." I said aloud as I walked past the kitchen table. "Aw, come on Leo! It's only 9:30!" I gave Mikey a look, and gave Raph a glance who was staring with those green eyes, before continuing on to my room. "Yeah, it's late." I said simply.
   I stepped through my door, which was open, and closed it behind me. I almost locked it, but not tonight. I was in a good mood. Not bothering to take my gear off, I stretched out on my bed, just planning to lay and think, yes think more, for awhile. It can't hurt.
   Well, I guess it can. Especially with the way I think. That's all I do now a days, think and train. Thinking as much as I do has to be unhealthy, especially with the stress it causes me. Most of this thinking in recent time has been about the kiss. Yes, dramatic you may say, but it's had a big impact on me.
I glanced at the clock, feeling the heavy weight of exhaustion pushing down on my shoulders. The green numbers read 10:56. I forced myself up to sit on the edge of the bed, and slowly began to take my gear off. First, my knee pads and wrap, then my elbow pads and wrap, my belt and katana sheaths, and lastly my blue mask. I set them in a neat pile next to my bed before laying on my side, pulling the covers over me.
I started to doze off after a few minutes, and was just about asleep when a soft knock on my door broke the silence.

I'm soo sorry for not writing in awhile. I'll be writing again more often, I promise I'll try. Please leave a comment and give feedback, advice, wishes for the story, anything. Hope you enjoyed :)