iii

"how.. did you know?" my voice came out as a mere whisper. no one knows that i consume that every day. not even my closest friend, soo kyung. and she was my only friend.

"i always go to the washroom during lunch, and i coincidentally saw you inside the female's toilet too. i spotted that familiar bottle in your hands and that's how i knew," he answered softly.

"jae hee, please don't take those pills anymore." he said. i could hear concern laced in his tone.

"you shouldn't even be talking to me right now. please, don't meddle in my business. i do what i want. please, just pretend that you don't know that i take those pills." i spat out like a venom. why should he care? i was just a nobody to him. he shouldn't even be near me, because i'm just a fat and ugly girl. no one will like me.

he flinched a little at my tone. "don't say that."

his gaze flickered down to the ground. "i couldn't stand seeing another victim suffering... my sister, coincidentally takes the same pills as you. she wanted to slim down, she wanted to look pretty. but after taking those pills for five months, one day, i found her," i could tell it was hard for him to continue the next words.

he managed to croaked out, "lifeless, dead, in the toilet."

and that hit me right in the heart.

"so, please... if you want to slim down, don't take those pills. do it the correct way, do it the safe and healthy way. i can help you with that."

i was hesitant whether i should agree or not. he was just a mere schoolmate in this school who wants to help me. and i don't even know him well.

"i'll answer you later," i said as i quickly stood up and walked away from the resting room.

•••

my mind was completely preoccupied with thoughts. especially about that guy's words earlier.

i have a hope that i would slim down with his help, but yet at the same time i feel that i should accomplish that by myself. i was battling with my pride. if i wanted him to help me, i would have to put down my pride and accept his offer.

his offer sounded tempting and... the story of his sister sincerely touched my heart as well.

"jae hee?" soo kyung's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. i turned to her and smile apologetically. "hmm?"

"what have you been thinking? you seemed pretty zoned out when you are listening to me," she frowned. "are you bored with our conversation?"

i raised my hand and shook them vigorously, "of course no! our conversations are always interesting to me."

she sighed in relief. "so, how is your exercising plan going?"

"it's going fine. i go to the gym on weekends and i jog around my neighborhood on weekdays." i said softly, it wasn't really exactly 'softly' to soo kyung.

"don't overwork yourself, actually, you are pretty just the way you are, do you know that?"

no, don't say that. i know i'm not pretty. stop lying to me to make me feel better, because, it will just make me feel worse. i look like a fat potato just by standing beside you. and i looked like a round and squishy penguin in front of jimin.

"thanks," i murmmered. i didn't know what to say anymore.

•••

clutching my books in my hands, i entered the class and again, i was greeted by constant judging glares and looks.

nonetheless, i made my way to the back of the class, since i couldn't sit in front because i was too fat, and my fats would block my classmates' views.

"look where you are going, fatty!" one of my classmate, hoseok exclaimed. i then realised that i had accidentally banged onto his table with my hips.

"sorry," i mumbled, hanging my head down. hoseok stifled a laugh, and replied back with disgust laced in his tone, "fatty, please. who knows that my table would literally grow fat since you came into contact with it and passed the disease to it!"

i bite my lips hardly.

no, i wasn't going to cry again.

i was going to endure all these shits.

so, i did the best possible thing ever. i ignored and walked pass him, heading to my seat. it's really a miracle that my chair did not break under the pressure of my weight.

nobody sits with me. i'm always alone in the class. sadly, soo kyung only has one class with me, which is geography. and i only have geography lessons once a week, so i was pretty much lonely.

"apologise to her."

my ears perked up at that familiar voice. i slowly lifted my head up, and saw that it was the guy from earlier.

-

this story has no humour, i think. it's really completely different from the other stories that i wrote :))