Moonlight Tango

It's been a full six months since she's decided that the group wasn't for her. Six months since she's decided that the solo life would be better.

The record label won't let her go until our new album comes out, and I'm fine with that, because that's about five more days until she has to go. Four more sleepless nights. One dreaded day.

I won't lie, the group will miss her. The harmonizers will miss her, and we may even lose some fans. The other girls haven't been that happy with her lately because they know that after she leaves that we'll probably flop. We need everyone to succeed.

I'm spending every moment possible with her, secretly hoping that she'll see how much I love her and change her mind and stay. There could still be a chance.

"Hey" I yawn and sit beside her on the couch. This is the fifth time I've been to her house this week and it's Wednesday. She doesn't seem to mind though.

Her eyes lock with mine and I lose my train of thought. I focus on all of her features: Her full lips, beautifully shaped eyes, perfectly sculpted jawline, and I wonder, why does she love me back?

"Yes, babe?" She breaks the deafening silence and puts her hand on my lap.

"How are you going to tell them? Without causing drama?" She gives me a weak, tired, smile and sighs

"There's no way to tell them without any drama. People will hate me, people will cry, and there's nothing I can do to stop that." She seems unbothered by this. I furrow my brows

"You could stay. There would be no drama if you stay. Just rumours." I feel a tear run down my cheek and I look away.

Don't be so emotional.

"I can't, I really can't. The group is too problematic. I like staying at the studio late at night and pouring my heart out into songs that don't belong in our genre. I like not having to argue over solos with everyone." She shrugs and gets up "want some snacks? I have chips!"

"Sure. And a beer would be nice, too."

A few minutes later, a bag hits me in the head. "Ouch!" I hear laughter from the hallway

"Sorry, I just had to do that." She chuckles and walks into the room with two beers. One gets tossed at me and I manage to catch it, somehow.

"That really hurt" I put a hand to my face with a laugh and she can't control her giggles

"Stop being a drama queen -" Her phone buzzes and she checks it. Her smile fades and her eyebrows lift

"Everything alright, hun?" I scoot closer to her and she shakes her head, beggining to read aloud

"Breaking news! Sources suggest Fifth Harmony break up! At least one member leaving the band on Monday evening!

Sources say the band member,..."

She sighs. "What the fuck? Who is going around spreading rumours!"

"They aren't really rumours if they're true, baby." I give her an apologetic look and shrug my shoulders

"Well, I don't want anyone panicking about it now! I want to enjoy what little time I have left in this stupid band!" She slams her hand on the coffee table and I jump. "I'm sorry, but I'm really tired. Maybe you should leave." Her tone is cold and I'm scared.

I get up off they couch slowly and hold my breath as she gets up as well

"I'll try to text you tomorrow." She slowly walks up the stairs and I'm left alone in the living room. I decide to bring the beer and chips with me on the ride home.