Transformation in progress.

Friday at school 7:45am

Passing through the hallways like goddesses. Everybody desired us.
"Maddie ready for phase number 4?" She gave me a smirk. "I haven't been more ready in my life." We walked passing everyone looking for our little pet. Where could she be? There she is. Sabs was sitting in a corner crying. Ughh! She is so pathetic. "Hey Sabby!" Sabs pulled me in a hug. What the hell? "Oh Ariana. I am in so much trouble. My parents are furious with me. I have never been a bad girl. I always get good grades. I never go to parties, drink, do drugs nor having sex, but last night all of that happened. I am so screwed. What should I do, Ariana? I don't know what to do now."
SLAP Yup I slapped her. I had to make her shut up. "First, stop being a baby. You made a party with alcohol and drugs and had sex without your parents permission. Who cares? You are a teen. That is what teenage life is all about. You should actually be happy. Yesterday you had a little taste of what is fun all about. Second, we will make you a real rebel. We will make you one of us. Everybody will respect, desire, lust, fear and envy you. Are you willing to do anything to become one of us and say yes to life?" I offered. "Anything!" Sabs confirmed. Maddie and looked at each other with a smirk.
Let the games begin.
••••••••••••
Lunch time. 12:14 PM

"Hey babe!" George kissed me. "Hey sweety what's up?" I asked with a grin in my face. "Nothing much, but I want to do something. Stay right here." He stand up in the table. "George what are you doing?" I was so confused. "Hey everybody! Listen to me please. I want to ask a very important question to a very important person in my life. This girl is everything for me and she is the sexiest girl I know. Ariana Rivera will I have the honor to take you to prom?" OMG! Everybody is looking. It wasn't really the best proposal, but everybody is expecting me to accept. "Yes George!" He carried me and spin me around. "SHE SAID YES!" He yelled with joy. Everybody clapped and whistled.
I sat back down with my people. "Lana do you have my schedule open?" She nodded. "Remember we are all going to participate in this phase. Today step one is all her wardrobe and her whole body. We all need to be there. We will all be at the mall at 5:00." I demanded. "Um why can't it be right after school?" Summer questioned. "I have something with my dad." Summer nodded. "Hey Aria?" Maddie asked. I looked at her. "Can we talk in private?" Lana and Summer dashed out of the table. "You didn't like the proposal, right?"
She knew me so well. I just shook my head. "Hey, I know it wasn't perfect, but hey is your reputation. He is the most popular athlete. George and you are the perfect couple. I know it is hard, but hey that is the cost of popularity." She was right. Popularity has its perks, but it also has its consequences. "Thanks Maddie! You truly are my bff!" She pulled me into a hug. "I just want the best for you."
Maddison can be cruel and mean, but she has lived a harsh life. When she was two her father left her mom and her. It was horrible, but that makes the person she is today.

•••••••••••
3:30 Ariana's home.

"Oh my! Dad you leaving tomorrow?" I asked surprisingly. He was packing his suitcases. "Yes, my love one. Today my boss called. The great trip is tomorrow. Please obey your mother with everything she tells you to do. Don't question anything, just do it! I don't know how long will this be. The only thing I know is that I can't be in contact with you over there. There is no good signal. I will try, but the only thing I can do is send you letters." He closed his last suitcase. "Dad, I hope you come back. I am going to miss you." I embraced him. "Princesa, do you want to go to the beach?" He asked letting go of the hug. I just nodded. I loved the beach. Is the only thing that identifies me as the latina I am. Back in Puerto Rico my dad says there is magnificent beaches. I wish one day we can go back. I went there when I was a child, but I can't remember very well.

30 minutes later

"Dad will we go to Puerto Rico once your back?" A tear falls down of his cheek. "Maybe darling. Maybe. So how's George? Did he already invite you to prom?" He asked. "He did dad, but I feel like all of that is just a cliche. He just invites me because we are the want to be couple." He holds my hands. "Cariño, if it feels wrong don't doubt. Choose what you know it is right. Do you love him?"
I shook my head. "Niña linda, your grandmother once said you know you love a person if you give him or her a pickle." I laughed. "A pickle?" He chuckled. "Yes, she loves pickles. She would never share them with no one, but sometimes she would give your grandfather a pickle. What she is trying to say is that you know you love that person if you share what you treasure the most." He is right, but what is my treasure? Dad took a cute little box out of his pocket. "Bella mia, I have here something that I want you to have." I opened it. It was a golden heart necklace. At the back it said I will always be in your heart.
"Dad its beautiful! I love it." I put my arms around his shoulders. "I have some of my stuff in the house that I want you to keep just in case if you miss me. And Ariana I promise we will be together again. I don't know when, but we will."