Still Up for Dancing

Chapter Three

"Come on, you'll love her!" Moose said, pulling me down the stairs of NYU.

"What if she doesn't like me?"

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to look at me.

"What's not to like?" He asked then giving me a peck on my nose.

I didn't know much about Camille. Moose had just brought her up for the first time before summer break. Honestly, if they were such great friends then I should have met her way before NYU. Something was a bit fishy to me, but I let it go not wanting to be the overbearing, jealous girlfriend.

"Hey, Camille!"

A short, petite girl with brown hair turned around and gave us both a warm smile.

"Moose!" she said, running up to him and giving him a hug.

She looked over to me and pulled me into a friendly hug.

"You must be Angel! Moose has not shut up about you since we got here! Glad I finally got to meet you!"

I smiled back.

"Nice to meet you too, Camille."

"Moose, we're still on for later, right?" Camille asked him.

I raised an eyebrow. What the hell did she mean by later?

"We should be," he said, smiling a little bit too hard.

"Great! Sorry, guys, but I gotta get going. Hope to see you again soon, Angel!"

Moose slipped his hand into my jacket pocket before speaking again.

"See, I told you that she would love you," he said, before trying to plant a kiss on my lips.

I quickly moved my head back and glared at him.

"What? Did I do something?"

I rolled my eyes and just walked away. If he didn't know what he did wrong then why would I waste my time telling him? He would just have to figure it out.

***************

"Come on, Angel! Tell me!"

I remained silent as we walked to meet up with Luke and another girl, whose name I did not yet know.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Natalie. You must be Moose and Angel? Luke has told me a lot about you."

"Nice to meet you too," I said as we followed Luke up the stairs.

"Gotta show the newbies the rest of the Vault."

The Santiago Twins came out of the next room and immediately started to flirt with Natalie. I couldn't help but giggle to myself at how their attempt was failing. The twins led us to a room that they claimed held their most prized possessions. The lights turned on to reveal shoes of all kinds. My eyes widened and I could see that by the look on Moose's face, he had died and gone to heaven. Moose walked over to a particular pair that caught his eyes.

"Alright, Moose, don't get too attached. You have to earn your kicks in this house."

Moose placed his hand in my jacket pocket again as Luke led us to the next room.

"This is Jason, he's a our graffiti guru."

"Excellent timing! I've been working on a portable light tagging system and I can't figure out how to get it to stick."

"Do you have any electrical tape?" Moose asked him.

Moose took the electrical tape and attached it to the light. He threw the light towards the metal ropes. Natalie, Jason, and I watched in amazement as the lights stuck.

"Yes! I love this kid!"

"They're beautiful! Like neon fireflies."

Moose pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear.

"Not as beautiful as you."

I wrestled out of his grip and heard him sigh.

"Neo Flies, I like that."

For the rest of the day, Moose and I hung out with the rest of the crew, rehearsing and then later on having dinner. I was going to remind Moose that he had to meet up with Camille,but given the current situation I wasn't going to say anything.

"Angel, please just tell me what I did wrong."

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my food.

"Uh oh! Looks like there's trouble in paradise!" Darren shouted at us.

"It's really not like that, just a misunderstanding," Moose said, trying to defend himself.

However, he was failing. I didn't say anything, mostly because I was curious to see how he was going to get himself out of the hole that he dug for himself. I got up to put my plate in the sink, with Moose hot on my heels.

"Angel, whatever I did, I want to fi–, oh crap! I'm late to meet Camille!"

He quickly shoved his plate into my hands and ran out.

"Moose, wait! I–" I started to say, but faded off when I realized that he wasn't paying attention or listening to anything I was saying.

"Don't worry, guys are like that sometimes. He'll come around,"Natalie said to me.

I sighed. "I hope so."

I had wanted to spend some more time with Moose before our schedules got super busy, but I figured that he would soon want a bit of time apart. I just didn't know that that time would be spent with another girl. I shrugged off my thoughts, realizing that I sounded extremely jealous. Maybe I did need some time apart from Moose and if he was hanging out with the opposite sex, why couldn't I?

I started to go through my phone contacts and stopped when I reached Julien's number.

  "Hey, Julien. Still up for that dance?"