Overreaction?

Chapter Five

Rehearsal with the Pirates was amazing as usual and spending time with Moose was what I really needed. We were both in college and tried to make the best of everything that came our way, even though balancing everything seemed difficult.

But that night was game night, I was actually looking forward to it since Camille was actually trying to be nice and not steal Moose away from me. Sure, he was her partner. But, so what? I didn't even mind when they gave each other a hug and did a little dance together...even though that was our..thing, but nevermind that! I could really see why they were friends, they really had good chemistry, which may have been a little too good.

"How do you guys even do that?" Camille's friend, Miranda asked.

"We can read each other's minds," Moose answered, giving Camille a hug.

A hint of jealousy rose within me, but I immediately tried to push it away, trying to convince myself that it was innocent.

"Aw, you guys are so cute! How long have you been dating?"

My blood started to boil and Moose and Camille looked at each other nervously.

"No, it's not like that, we're just friends,"Camille quickly tried to say.

"Correction, best friends," Moose said, not seeing my anger.

"Actually, we've been dating since high school," I interjected

The girls looked at each other in confusion.

"I don't get it," one named, Jennifer, said.

"Moose and I have been dating since high school. He's my boyfriend, not Camille's," I said, sending a glare Moose's way.

He didn't even correct them!
"Ohhhh, sorry. We couldn't...tell."

I scoffed, grabbed my bag and ran out of the room, causing Mosoe to run after me.

"Angel! I'm sorry, they didn't know and-"

"No, you know what? Save it, Moose! Just go back to your girlfriend!"

I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Hey, what does that mean?"

"It means that everyone sees that there's something between you and Camille! It's not just Moose and Angel anymore, it's Moose, Camille, and that other girl!"

"Babe! No one thinks that! Camille respects our relationship so who cares about a bunch of girls that clearly know nothing."

"Maybe Camille respects it, but do you?"

Moose went to pull me back but I moved away from him.

"Can we at least talk about this?"

"No, we can't! I'm actually done talking about this! You know what...today made me not regret what I did the other night."

I turned around to leave and go to the Vault.

********

By the time I reached the Vault, I was nearly in tears. Natalie and my brothers were all in the living room and quickly took notice of my current state.

"Angel, what's wrong?"

I sniffed.

"It's me and Moose. I feel like...I feel like we're going to break up. Everything is just falling apart..."

Natalie pulled me into a hug while Darren and Michael looked panicked. I didn't think they really knew how to handle the situation. Moose was my first boyfriend and only boyfriend and we had been okay for the most part, except minor fights. Nothing had ever been this bad and I was scared that there was no return from it.

"Guys are like that sometimes. He'll come around," Natalie said, trying to reassure me.

But none of them had known what I did. If Moose really did just have a harmless friendship with Camille, what was my excuse for sneaking around?

"Don't sweat it. We have a competition tonight, it'll take your mind off of it," Darren said, pulling me close to him.

I snuggled into his side, wanting to feel a familiar comfort, but for some reason it never came. I just couldn't shake what I was feeling, but I had to push it aside. We had a competition to win. We all left for the venue and everyone started to panic since Moose hadn't shown up yet. The only reason that I cared is because we couldn't afford any missing links. One slip up could've cost us World Jam.

"Yo, Angel. Where's Moose? He knows that this is important,"Jason asked.

I shrugged, earning a loud groan from an annoyed Luke. I didn't know where Moose was, but all I did know was that we were hot on the floor that night. Our bodies moving like electric currents, all one with each other, not one out of sync. I couldn't honestly imagine not dancing with the Pirates for the rest of college, even if Moose and I were having our own struggles.

Just then Moose comes in on hike, speeding to a halt causing him to hit a small pipe sticking out of the side of the floor. Water started pouring out of the floor and most of us were sure of how to handle it.

"Dude, you ruined the floor!"

"It's alright, I got this!"

Moose starts to dance and the rest of us followed suit. While the other team struggled to dance on the gushing floor, we were unstoppable. In a way, I somehow thought it made our routine better so it was no surprise to me when we won.

"Angel,"

I turned around to Moose, just as soaking wet as I was, his curly hair dripping into his face. I turned my head not wanting to say anything to him at first, giving the illusion that I was still hurt about game night. Moose wasn't having it, he pulled me to him forcefully, an act that took me by surprise, and planted a deep kiss on my lips. I instantly melted in his arms and began to think that I was over reacting earlier. All was well... or so I thought....