Chapter Five

{song for this chapter: until we bleed (with lykee li by kleerup}

Harry and I didn't talk in the truck. It wasn't our kind of silence. It was silence filled with so many questions, we didn't have enough room to answer. I just looked out the window the whole time. But I needed something and I needed it bad. It wasn't answers. It was something I haven't done in awhile.

"Pull over to a gas station. I need a cigarette." I blurted.

Harry looked at me in bewilderment. I wasn't the smoking type. My face didn't look that rough. And honestly, smoking wasn't my first choice. But it relieved stress.

"No." Harry hiss with a stern tone.

"Why the fuck not?" I spat.

"Because, I'm not letting something that stupid wreck you." He barked back.

"Why the hell do you care? Your not my mom." I shouted angrily.

"But I am someone who cares an awful lot about you. And you are not doing that to yourself." Harry said, a bit more calmly. But that didn't stop me.

"Fine. One reckless thing in place of another." I mumbled to myself.

Before Harry could do anything, I climbed out the back window and stood in the back of the truck.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Harry shouted, his eyes switching back and forth between the road and me.

"SOMETHING STRESS RELIEVING!" I shouted back.

I wanted Harry to keep driving and I honestly thought he would but instead he slammed on the brakes. My body slammed into the car. The wind knocked completely out of me and my ribs were on fire. Harry pulled me down through the window and back into my seat. He buckled my seat belt and drove on.

"That hurt like a bitch." I muttered out of breath. I held my, mostly eternally bleeding, side. God damnit Harry.

"Sorry. Just, don't do that shit. Please?" He said softly.

I quietly nodded.

"Thank you. Do you mind if we go somewhere? I have to talk to....a friend." He asked me.

"Sure. Where though?"

Harry just smirked devilishly and turned into an alley.

"Are you gonna murder me?" I asked.

Harry chuckled softly.

"Im not the murdering type, El." He smiled. His green eyes had that innocence back. I loved it when he looked that why. It made me trust him more.

"Okay than what are we doing?" I asked.

It was darker than before. The sun has gone down and there was barely any wavering light.

"We're going to a club. Take down your hair." He said.

I took down my hair.

"Good. Now take off your glasses." He ordered.

I took off my glasses.

"Perfect. Now stay close. Okay? This isn't exactly your kind of place." He mumbled that last bit.

I nodded and hooked my arm in his as we walked towards the entrance.

There was a large line of attractive women with fake hair and small dresses and bulky men with harsh faces. I kept close to Harry. We walked up to a tall, muscular man with a tight black v-neck on. He took one glance at Harry and immediately let him in. No question at all.