Act IV

River Garland

This man was born with sharp knife on his tongue. The only things that his mouth can produce are words of humiliation. I decline to pay attention to him because I don't want to give my shit... Wave is a damage person. I try to mollify the ordeals, watching the right words before I release it to my team. If I could just punch you Tamaguchi... I will be more relieve. For one week, he doesn't change, rather he got more worst. He is impatient, arrogant and very rude living legend. Instead of bridging our gaps, Tamaguchi is demolishing it. I tried it but he defied all my efforts. I wish I can just throw my fist on your face, Wave... How I wish.

For him, it is not a predicament to scold his members in the front of the other teams. Reed told me earlier that. "Mocking someone is Wave's natural habit." In the formation, the other teams are more relax compare to us. How can you relax if someone is remonstrating you? He only stop when McCoy and Tracey with escorts of watchers suddenly arrive. What a coward man, hiding in his cape.

Upon the arrival of the watchers, all the teams stand upright in our respective formation which are classified with colors of our designated suits.

Chins up.

Chest out.

Stomach in.

Eyes are lock and fix in the above ceiling.

Blank facial expression.

Toes apart.

No extra movement... we are very honed like their cadets. These are the rules of standing attention. I never thought I can do this. I always wanted to do this... always.

***

Since I was young, I never stop dreaming to become a watchkeeper. I used to collect some stuffs related to gendarmerie, particularly all of my toys. I played video games with thrilling themes, read some articles about watchkeeping in my matrix and even imitating it in the front of my carefree mother. There is a time I had recited to my mother the Patriotic Pledge of Watchkeeper. In fact, I still memorized it until now.

I am the watcher of the peace, I am the watcher of the mechanics.
I am the keeper of the breath, I am the keeper of the hope.
Do hear my pledge that I offer my dreams and life to my Pangaea.
Solemnly will obey the codex, protect the weak and heed my citizens.
I will always perform my morale and be in the side of righteousness.
I restore the act of bravery in myself and for my brothers and sisters.

For amity, I protect...
For the safety, I abide...
For my citizen, I serve...

What a brilliant mind I have at the age of seven, to memorized these creepy thing... whirling on my innocent head.

My dad always argued mom because he see this things horrendous to the nature of their seven-years old child. He is very protective to me... more protective than my mother.

"He is just a boy!.." My mother gauge herself to defend me.

"Of course he is!.. This things are barbaric. Riv's antics should not be tolerated! Don't make our child a spoiled brat!" He yelled mom then give me a bloodshot stare. That time, I started to hate my father.