Ring Toss: [1]

Cole Richards

It'll be fun they said. Enjoy the last day of the term they said. They won't spike the punch again they said. And yet look at me now, stumbling around the area our school had rented for the annual Christmas Carnival that they had on the last day of the term. I was always a competitive drunk, so it was no surprise that I just had to beat out a couple of freshmen at the ring toss thing they had set up. "My turn." I slurred to the guy handling the booth.

"Hey sonny are you sure? You seem a little out of it..."

"I can do what I want, besides I'm better than a couple of 12 year olds."

I don't know if they had left before I called them kids or if they left because they saw I was drunk, heck, I don't even know if they left at all.

Did I forget to mention that my hand-eye coordinating sucked when I was drunk? The guy gave me three ring things, I missed with the first two. I started to feel dizzy and held my head before I threw the other ring somewhere, not really caring where it went. That is, until I heard an 'oomf' and a crash.

"The actual fuck!" she siad. I looked to see who it was. This can't be good.

"I'm sorry, I really am R-"

"You asshole!" she screamed in pain as she held her arm, "you broke it!" She stared at me in annoyance. "Well don't just stand there get me to the fucking hospital!"

I was drunk, but her frightening appearance plus outburst was enough to sober me up. "Uh... I don't um, I don't have a car."

"Just use mine." she said, annoyance still crystal clear in her voice. She attempted to use the arm that wasn't broken to retrieve her keys but the second she shifted she winced from the pain. "They're in my pocket." She said pointedly.
Mann
It was awkward for the most part, I mean I was putting my hand in her pocket to get her keys. The pocket of extremely tight jeans. After a few long seconds and strange looks from passers by, I finally had the keys. I told her I would be right back and took to the parking lot to locate her car.

Her car, like her stood out in a crowd. I couldn't tell you the type of car if my life depended on it, but I could tell you that it was black and red, and had the intials RS painted on. I drove the car near to the ring toss booth and proceeded to get her into the car. It was a short journey to the car, a minute at most, and I'm being honest when I say I've never heard so many profanities in my entire existence.

It was a thirty minute drive to the hospital. Thirty minutes of Reese Stonne planning my murder and questioning my existence. Thirty minutes of having to listen to her describe, in detail, exactly what she would do to me if she wasn't handicapped. I was still slightly drunk but thanked my lucky stars that the streets were basically empty with the occasional car passing by.

Reese Stonne

I walked aimlessly around the school's Christmas Carnival thinking to myself how one person could feel so bored out of their life, then again, this wasn't really my scene. I preferred loud music, dancing with strangers and alcohol, an all round good time. I looked around to see people participating in all the games and stuff they had set up like the thing where you shoot the target, and the other thing with the water gun.

Then there was the ring toss, my personal favourite because I find it highly entertaining to watch the victims try to get the rings on the bottles. And today our lucky victims were a group of freshmen. I was surprised to see a few of the rings on the targets, no fun. I was about to take a cigarette out of my back pocket when Anna, the shortest girl in our year called me.