Chapter One

It has been an hour since I kept myself inside my room to get ready. I'm now in senior high and we're having this party thrown at school - it's an act of celebration after our high school band won as champion during the Battle of the Bands last week. This band is our school's real pride actually, because we always make it to the second place only when it comes to athletic meets.

'What should I do?'

'What should I wear?'

These questions kept on reverberating through my head as if they were recorded and would last until I settle whether to still attend the freaking party or just ditch it.

But well, I'll obviously choose the former because there's no way I'm going to ditch my date. He's just so charming and adorable that I would love this night to last longer, but seriously, it can't.

Going back to messing with my brain, I've been deciding which dress I will wear. Whether the pink one that looks too girly or the black that seems too fierce for me. Or maybe that purple one that's surrounded with sequins. Definitely not, I hate too much sequins.

Damn. Why does it have to be so hard to choose a dress? Because really, I'm starting to hate myself for not being fashionable like those teen models I've saw on magazines.

I sighed, feeling hopeless.

Anyway, my name is Riley Margarette Luna and I've been existing for 17 years. I am just the only daughter of the two well-known persons here in San Francisco. My mother's named Celestine, or Celine for short, who's a popular fashion designer and make-up artist not just here in San Fran but also in other parts of USA including New York. She'd brought me to some of her events and I saw h9ow good -No, screw that. 'Good' is an understatement, 'great' would be fine. - and passionate she is at her work. I would be dishonest if I tell you that I'm not a fan after all, 'cause she's really a trendsetter.On the other hand, my father, Zachary or Zach, is a business tycoon. He, or basically our family, owns a perfume company called Luna de Miel which he manage with his two younger siblings. My grandfather started this family business long ago with some of his friends. Fortunately, as time passed, it grew really successful and became the largest perfume company in town.

I'm thankful to have them as my parents not because of the wealth they've been receiving from them, but because with them and the social gatherings they've attended with me where I usually meet their friends with their sons and daughters, I met my friends who seemed to be my forever now. Ugh, cut the drama now Riley, will you? I sneered to myself.

As I was near the edge of my bed, walking back and forth while shooting glares at the dresses from my untouched collection scattered over it, I heard few knocks on the door which stopped me from my trance.

"Come in, please." I said, loud enough for the other person on the other side of the door to hear it.

The door swung open and standing there is my Mom who's wearing one of her dresses which is a white one that has some jewelries across its waist and paired with cream-colored flats, simple yet elegant.

That's another thing about my Mom, because though she's a fashion designer and all, she'd always love to be natural. No matter what the occasion is, she would rather fix others' looks first before herself. So it'll end up, others were already well-groomed and she's wasn't. But surprisingly, she still looks gorgeous.

"Hey, honey, are you done? Do you need help?" She asked then stepped in, unexpectedly, with Dad next to her. He should be still at work by this time. But oh well, that's my Dad. Even though he's very busy at work, he always makes time for me, and that makes him the best.