Chapter Two

Stunned by the view, I stared at myself through the huge mirror I have inside my room with my Mom beside me who's grinning widely. We've been like this for about three minutes or so, feeling awestruck as ever.

"You look pretty-- No, you're so beautiful." Mom croaked, still wearing her wide grin.

She's right. I'm beautiful. The way everything she did to fix my looks seems to complete my whole being. every detail seems to accent one another. My long copper red hair that lands just above my waist was curled into loose waves, adding more volume to it. The amount of powder she applied first doesn't make me look like a clown. The blush was enough to make my face glow. The light shade of mascara and eyeliner makes my brown irises, which I got from my Dad, stand out. The light pink glossy lipstick looks perfect with my plump lips, which I inherited with my Mom. Lastly, the dress. The knee-length sparkly blue dress that Mom suggested. It matches with my pale skin which is unlike my parents who have cream complexion.

All in all, I look good.

Note that these were coming from a person that lacks confidence, or maybe she just didn't realize it a bit earlier.

I don't know why but, I'm starting to feel like I'm one of those teen models I've saw on Mom's events. If you're wondering about my height, I'm 5ft. 8in., actually. I'm not lanky. I'm neither skinny nor fat. I'm proud to say that I have few curves. Just few.

I turned on my side so I'm now facing Mom.

Now that I experienced being groomed by my Mom, I realized how really great she is. She managed to bring out this side of me, and that's spectacular. I also felt like all the bad feelings I had towards her for being absent in almost all of the times I needed her were lifted up from my chest.

"Thanks, Mom. I owe this to you." I said while grabbing her hands and giving it a light squeeze.

Instead of saying something, she just embraced me. Enveloping me within her arms. And I hugged her back. I shouldn't have think of that way towards her. She's my mother. I know that although I can't see it, she's putting so much effort just to show how much she loves me. And that's by working hard so she could give me a life with no worries financially. Though, that's not what I really need. Only her presence is way enough for me.

While I'm having a great time with the hug with my Mom, soft knocks on the door caused us to break apart.

The door flew open, and our 54-year old nanny came in. Once she took glance of me, her jaw dropped in awe. Gladly, it didn't hit the ground.

"You look beautiful.. really beautiful." She said in pure joy while walking up to me to gave me a hug.

I just chuckled at that. She always said that whenever I get dressed for some sort of occasions since when I was a kid. We already have her since when I was 3, that was 14 years ago. She took care of me everytime Mom and Dad were gone to work. She was with me on my first day to go to school. She was my number one fan during my recitals. She never leave me, and that made me love her like my own grandmother.

"Thank you, Nana Fely." I cooed before hugging her back.

"Well, thank to this lovely lady beside me. She's the reason for this." I added in between chuckles while pulling away just to nudge Mom on her side.

We laughed, not because I said something funny. But because I just stated something that's really obvious.

"Well, Nana, what exactly brought you here? Is he already there?" Mom asked politely, but excitement's still obvious on her tone.

I almost forgot about my date. I think he's already here. I bet these two ladies had a small talk that once he arrived, Nana will go to Mom to inform her.