CP. 26 Into the Future

Five years forward

Alayna

"Rachel come over here. I'm losing my mind," I shout.

"Sorry I was getting your vail. Gosh," she huffs.
She quickly places the white vail into my hair and pats it down a little.

"You look gorgeous."
I take a deep breath and grab my flowers. I'm about to get married.

---------
Johnson

The music starts playing as I stand on the alter, palms sweaty, staring at the door. The door open and her maid of honor walks out, Rachel, leading the rest of the bridesmaids. And then there she is, a slight tan, hair back to her normal black color, braided up with the vail her mom gave to her. The world has stopped; it's just her her dress hugs her curves and her eyes. Shine bright as ever.

-
"Do you Jack Edward Johnson take Alayna As you lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

The priest then turns to her.

"Alayna Katherine Winstra do you take Jack as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Butterflies swarm my stomach like old times. I take her hands.

"Lay, about five years ago I was scared I was going to have to say goodbye, but we made it. We did it. I love you with all my heart. Forever and always."

"You may now kiss the bride."

She leans in kiss me like she never has before.

------------
Rachel

"Whew that was something. Who knew?" I laugh, relieved.

"Maybe that'll be us soon," Shawn winks.

Butterflies swarm my stomach, "I hope so."

Shawn plants a kiss on my cheek and stands up. "Let's go dance!!!!!!" Pulling me from my comfortable chair.

We're laughing just like old times.

--------

Shawn

I pull her onto the dance floor and I show off my new moves that I learned just for this occasion.

"Wow Mendes I remember our senior prom you could barely step without tripping over yourself," she giggles.

"Oh shut it and just kiss me."

I know I want her forever and I'll make she knows that everyday.
She's my everything. I love her since the beginning.

---------
Gilinsky

"Want to dance, babe?" I wink.

"Of course."

I take Madison's hand and I pull her outside.
"This isn't where the music is?"

"I know. But I have a song just for you."

I take her and start dancing as I start singing
Give me a chance
I need the soft touch of your skin
All I want to hear is baby I'm in.

Five years ago I never thought I'd be so in love with someone else other than Rachel,but here I am.

"I love you Madison."

----------
Matt

Alayna comes and sits next to me outside.

"Matt?"

"Hey Lay."

"Where's your date?" She asks curious.

"She's inside flirting with every single guy in there," I sigh.

"I'm sorry...." She trails off, "I'm glad you made it though."

"Me too, you looked gorgeous."

"Thank you. It's funny five years ago things were so different. Senior year was rough."

"I regret it with everything I have," I say bluntly.

"I know Matt," she kisses me on the cheek, "but it's done. It's in the past. Let's go inside and dance. It'll cheer you up."

I groan but let her lead me back inside.
I walk through the door and then I see her. A girl I've never seen, mysterious. Her piercing blue eyes catching mine as I stare. She smiles, a sweet smile and I knew I had to meet her."

------
Alayna

"Time for the newly weds to have the dance floor to themselves," the DJ announces.

Jack takes my hand and leads to the center, pulling me closer to him. The song I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) sung by Sleeping At Last comes on. He knew. This was the love song I always made sure he knew. It was how I felt. He places his hand in the small of my back and I hug him placing my face on his shoulder, gently closing my eyes. He's leading me and again it's just the two of us. But then faces reappear as I open my eyes and I see everyone I've ever cared deeply about. Shawn, Rachel, Matt and even Gilinsky.
My parents had passed away earlier in the year and it strained my heart not to see them in the crowd. I knew they were watching over. I was in Jack's arms and I knew this was where I was meant to be.

"I love you Alayna."

"I love you too, Jack."