chapter 1 (sage pov)

Syden and I had gone with my family to some tree farm to get a Christmas tree. There was no snow, and there definitely was no cheer. My parents had been fighting so much they asked Syden and I to get on a carriage ride to give them some space. Syden took my hand "We have to run. This is the chance we've been looking for." I nodded. We were going to run away now. I was scared but I had always been prepared for this. When the carriage ride made it's first stop, we jumped off and took off running. Running to the woods.

As soon as we crossed the treeline, we felt an overwhelming feeling of magic..like when you fangirl over your OTP getting together times a million. My paranoia made me feel like I was being watched. I slipped my other hand into my jeans pocket grabbing a hold of one of my picket knives. I had two. This one I could tell was my rainbow one. Syden sensed this and hugged me. "We're going to be okay now." Syden was two years older than me at the age of sixteen. She had dark brown hair and green eyes. She kept her hair in a loose low ponytail. She was so pretty compared to my shoulder length light Brown hair and Brown eyes. My messy hair was messy and down. I forgot to brush it this morning.

We went looking around the woods and found a stream. As we walked along we also noticed a cave. It was dark and damp. "This cave is so cool!" I said smiling. We made our way through until we found something rather strange. Four giant rocks each with a gem. On the left there was an opal, then a sapphire, then ruby, and finally on the right an emerald. The ruby and sapphire started glowing. Syden went to the ruby and it glowed it's red light more. I went to the sapphire and it glowed more. "At the count of three?" I asked Syden. She nodded, "one..two.....three." When we picked them up, the sapphire turned into a ring on a necklace chain, and the ruby turned into a swiss army knife. When I put on the necklace, the cave wall in between our gems' spots like a door.