Chapter Sixteen: Folau/Hansen Family

Siope's POV

"The Chargers have had such an incredible season. It's still pretty early, but if they keep this up they'll have a good chance of making it to the Bowl."

"I agree, Smith. Siope Folau has been remarkable, leading his team through what must be a bittersweet season for him. After fifteen years in the League, it'll be hard to watch him go."

"Most definitely. Don't forget to tune in tomorrow evening to see the San Diego Chargers take on the Seattle Seahawks right here on ESPN."

Even after all this time, it still feels weird seeing/hearing sportscasters talk about me. When I was younger, I used to watch ESPN religiously. Now, the channel has helped to make me a household name. Life is crazy sometimes.

Thanksgiving was great. Surprisingly, I didn't have to play this year. My family and I went over to Normani's house for a while, where all of Dinah's family was. Then, we went over to my mom's house. I got to see Damien yesterday. Now it's Saturday, my last day at home, and I plan on making the most of it. My condo down in San Diego is so lonely, I don't like being there unless I absolutely have to.

"Hey." Dinah walks into our bedroom and sits next to me.

"Hey." There's an awkward silence as neither one of us knows what to say.

"Siope, I know I've been bitter these past few weeks-well, more like these past few years. I've been holding my feelings in instead of expressing them to you. Your relationship with Bianca didn't just make me jealous and angry, it broke my heart. Shattered it into a million pieces. It hurt so bad, knowing that you had been having sex with another woman, giving her parts of you that I thought had only been made for me. I'm still struggling to forgive you for that, and I'm still scared that one day it'll happen again. I'm sorry for the way that I've been treating you lately, but-"

I interrupt her. "You don't have to apologize. I was the one who messed up. I was the one who tore our family apart. I wasn't there for you, or our daughters, and for that I'm sorry. Listen to me, Dinah. You're the love of my life. You're the best thing to ever happen to me, and I promise you that I will never, ever, ever again make the mistake of giving my love to someone else. You gotta trust and believe me on that."

"I....I do." Dinah smiles a little, grabbing my hand. "Let's hope things go back to the way they used to be."

"I don't hope, I know," I assure her, kissing her forehead. "Where are Hope and Chloe?"

"They're watching that movie they're obsessed with."

"That musical with the knock-off version of One Direction?"

"Yeah." Dinah laughs. "It's so stupid."

"Come on, let's go find something better to watch."

When we get downstairs, the girls are singing along to one of the cheesy songs from the movie. They scream in protest when I turn the DVD player off.

"Um, we were watching that?!" Chloe jumps up, putting her hands on her hips.

"That movie is complete garbage. Plus, you just watched it yesterday. Quit hogging the TV all the time." I plop down on the couch and channel surf.

"Mom!" Hope groans.

"Sorry, but I agree. That crap was about to drive me crazy. But don't worry, you'll both hate it by Christmas," Dinah says.