Chapter 1-The Beginning

*Its short. Sorry! But I promise next one will be 3x this one!- Lauren*
Chapter 1:
College. NYU. I still couldn't believe I was in college. I was a sophomore in college. Still trying to get used to it. Still trying to cope with everything around me that's changing. This is nothing like high school. There are frat parties and more drugs and drinks. More temptations. I'll admit that I haven't always been a faithful daddy's little girl. I have been bad once. Well I snuck some champagne at a wedding once. If you count that as bad. But I wish that things could just be different, well I did wish things could be different. I stopped wishing because I knew that nothing could change. What's done was done. My mother had died of an unknown disease. The doctors are still trying to figure out what happened with her and why she died. I just tell people she died of cancer. It's easier. Not a lot of people ask anyway. I only had one friend in high school. But she moved away for college. So now I am alone going to college on my own without anybody I know. Except for my dad. He is a teacher here at NYU. He is my history teacher. The science teacher, Ms. Quincy, seemed to have the hots for my dad. It was weird but the students found it funny. Especially me. My father moved on from my mothers death but he never said he was going to date again. My father looked scared every time he saw her. When I came home that night, I walked into the living room.
"Dad I'm home!" I screamed thinking he was upstairs. I heard some whispers and then a lot of racket coming from the kitchen.
"Dad?" I said. I walked into the kitchen and saw Ms. Quincy and my father sitting at the table together.
"Hi Honey. I was just talking here with Ms.Quincy about your grades." He said with his hair ruffled.
"Yes. Your grades are quite well in science Lea." She said as I took a better look at her mouth. Her lipstick was smudged. I looked back at my dad and saw a bit of lipstick on his lips.
"Dad can I talk to you alone?" I asked him.
"Sure sweets." He said walking to the living room with me leading the way.
As soon as we were out of ear shot I said, "Why are you making out with my teacher dad?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked me.
"You have ruffled hair, her lipstick is smudged and you have a bit of lip stick on your lips. Why are you making out with my science teacher?" I asked him.
"Don't be mad at me Lee. But I found love again. I thought I could never get over your mother but I found someone who makes me happy." He said.
"That's great for you dad. Really great but did it have to be my science teacher? You know what never mind. Just leave it at happy. Also dad, your 38. I am 19. There is a 19 year difference but when am I allowed to date?" I asked him pleading to go out with someone.
"When you are married." He said.
"Dad that doesn't make any sense. I can't get married if I am not allowed to date." I said to him.
"No daughter of mine is going to date at 19." He said.
"Why dad? I am not young I can tell you that. I am in college now. It's time to start treating me like an adult." I said to him.
"You watch your tone young lady and you will always be my little girl. Now let's go back into the room so that Ms.Quincy can be involved in the conversation." He said as we walked back into the room. I was pissed at him. I usually was. But this was different. I wasn't gonna put up with it anymore.
"Ms.Quincy do you mind if I ask you a question?" I asked her.
"No dear go right ahead." She said.
"When did you start dating?" I asked her.
"Why do you ask dear?" She asked me.
"Oh because I have never dated anyone before because my father hasn't approved of dating. He says I should date when I am married but I can't get married if I don't date." I said.
"Dear....I started dating when I was a sophomore in high school." She said to me.
"Dad....." I said.
"I won't allow it." He said.
Ms.Quincy asked to speak to my father alone. I left the room willingly. I knew that she was on my side. She was gonna help me I knew it. They told me I could go back in the room and I did.
"Sweets you can date one boy but if I don't approve of him, you are done till senior year of college. Understand?" He asked.
"Yes daddy! Thank you so much!" I said giving him a big old hug.
"Your welcome sweets. Thank Ms.Quincy too." He says.
"Thank you Ms.Quincy." I said giving her a hug too.
"Your welcome dear." She said.
"Well if you will excuse me I will be off to do my homework." I said. "Goodbye Ms.Quincy have a nice day." I said.
"Good bye dear." She said as I disappeared upstairs. My dad was gonna let me date one guy. It had to be a good one. Now instead of house hunting, I was boy hunting. And I had to learn how to do it fast. I decided to make a friend. It would be easier if I had a girl friend around to help me. So my next goal: to make a girl friend.