Chapter Two

Riley walked with her bag on one shoulder down the street to Farkle's. She reached the building and stood in the elevator.

If you have time after Farkle's come to the Blye Cafe downtown ~Maya

Riley ignored the text from Maya and stepped out of the elevator and up to the penthouse door.

She slightly knocked and walked in. She'd been there many times before so she just walked in.

"Farkle! Farkle!" Riley shouted. She set her bag down by the door and walked through the kitchen.

"Farkle!" Riley shouted again. "Oh hey Riley! I didn't hear ya come in" Farkle came into the kitchen.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" Riley asked. "I don't care. I just thought you'd rather come here to escape from your dad" he said as he opened a water bottle.

"Thanks Farkle but I can't escape him forever" she said.

"You're not escaping him you're just taking a break...and you know that eventually you have to tell him you don't want to go to college" Farkle told her as he sat next to her at the kitchen table.

"I know, I know" she confessed.

And little did she know that that wasn't her biggest problem.

Riley left Farkle's apartment around 7:30.

When she arrived home she tried to go straight to her room to avoid another college lecture.

"Riley-" Cory said before Riley turned the corner into the hallway. Riley kept walking and pretended not to hear him.

Riley texted Maya. Sorry I couldn't make it to the cafe but could you come over to talk for a while?

Riley waited patiently in the bay window. "Riley we need to talk to you" Topanga said. "I have to finish homework. We'll talk later" Riley excused herself.

Maya came in the bay window.

"Hey how was Farkle's?" Maya asked. "Good. How was Cafe Blye?" Riley asked.

"It's a cool place. We should go sometime. But Zay and Lucas kinda left me alone. And then...and then Zay, he walked up to the waiter and said..." Maya began laughing. "You had to be there"

"I guess so" Riley laughed. It was silent. But Riley had to tell someone something she's never thought she'd have to say.

"Maya" Riley broke the silence. "Yes" Maya looked up at Riley.

Riley took a deep breath.

"I think I like Farkle"