Chapter 1

There's really no good way to start this story. It really all started the day my mother had sent me inside of the grocery store to pick up milk bread, and butter... That was it... Milk, bread, and butter.

     As I walked in I decided I needed to use the bathroom. Badly. So I did, with cash in my hand, and me wishing I had super speed, I went.
It was quick, and I got out to wash my hands. I put my hands in the cold water, and looked up at myself in the mirror. I saw a woman behind me then- blackness.

When I awoke I wasn't sure where I was. No movement- I wasn't in a car. I couldn't see anything.
I was terrified. I had honestly wished I hadn't gone to the bathroom.
I remember waiting forever, and light came on. However it was still very dark in the room. I wanted to cry, or yell, but I didn't. Because that wouldn't do anything for me. That same women I saw in the mirror, came up to me, and undid the locks on my arms and legs.
"I don't wish to hurt you." She said. Her voice was deep, and soft.
"Then what do you wish to do to me?"
"I have chosen you- an average girl, to go through a series of tests. I think we decided 50?" She gazed at a man who I did not notice was standing right behind me. He was tall, and thin, and ugly looking.
I looked back at her, "What kind of tests...?" She looked away and put her hands behind her back.
"Scenarios."
My stomach dropped completely.
"Is this even legal? Can I please go home?" I began to cry, "Can you just pick someone else...?"
She did not reply. Instead she handed me my phone.
I gave a questioning look to her.
"I've told your mother, who was waiting in the car outside, that she might not see you for a while." Immediately I cried. And felt my lips quiver.
"Why me?"
"Because you are nothing but an average girl. Who was randomly chosen."
I became very angry.  And frustrated that it had to be me.  Either way it would have been someone
else.  Anyone.
"Who are you people... You.... Sick fucks."
"The Decies. The people who have been testing other people for about 6 decades now. A secret society."
"The government... They know about this? The President, KNOWS about this?"
"Hence, SECRET Society."
I don't remember what I said, I just remember giving her the finger.

"We'll feed you, and let you sleep. So you can make rational decisions, and then we will begin."