The ball

Effie's POV

I was dressed when Katniss knocked on my door.
When she came in she looked surprised. I was wearing a dark blue , knee long dress with long sleeves. It was a rather classy dress but I felt comfortable in it.
I was wearing natural make up and as Haymitch wanted I had my natural blondish hair straight. It was a little longer than shoulder length.
"Effie you look beautiful."
"Thank you darling "
"I promise we will be you out as soon as we have the others. Don't worry. We won't leave without you."
"Don't worry about me. Haymitch is coming with me . Just give us a sign when to return to the hovercraft "
"Oh so you look so pretty because of him", Katniss smirked.
"You do look beautiful and if it's for me even better." Haymitch came in smirking as well. I changed the theme.
"I know this is a good opportunity to get the victims but I'm still scared. Snow called me there. What does he want from me?", I looked scared I could tell.
"Effie everything is going to be fine and whatever it is Haymitch don't leave her side for just a second !!!!", Katniss said.
"I won't I promise. You don't have to worry. ", he was so gentle.
"Okay. Hovercraft is starting in 10 minutes. Gonna leave you with your Prince Charming now.", Katniss smirked at me and left.
"Whats wrong princess.", Haymitch asked noticing I was scared.
"I trust you and I know that you will protect me but what if snow wants to talk alone? What if Seneca-"
"- Effs no one can hurt you! Seneca can't even look at you tonight ok? I'll keep both eyes on you. And also snow can't talk alone with you. I'm your date tonight. Isn't it bad manners to leave a date alone?", he smiled
"Let's go to the hovercraft ", I say and we go.

Haymitchs POV
When we arrive in the Capitol Katniss and her team search for the victims and Effie and I attend the party.
"Lovely to see you again miss trinket. And this is?", snow greeted us.
"Mr.Abernathy sir", Effie replies.
"I remember you! A victor ! A mentor! A drunk!", snow laughed.
He knew it would make me feel bad.
"You know miss trinket you could have gotten a better man in the Capitol here.", he laughed harder.
"Sir you wanted to talk to me ", Effie sad with a scratchy voice.
"Yes of course if you'd follow me into my office. Mr.Abernathy can look for new ladies"
"Thank you sir but that would be bad manners tonight ", I joked rather angry.
"If you wouldn't mind I would like mr.Abernathy to join us.", Effie said still looking down.
"If that's what you want miss trinket." We went to his office.
"So miss trinket. The reason you're here tonight,has nothing to do with the mockingjay. You are still a member of the Capitol and always welcome here you know. And as a Capitol women we want you to for fill your duties and marry one of our Capitol men."
" excuse me sir I can't do that. I'm still the mockingjays escort and have duties to for fill in 13.", Effie said scared.
"So you don't want to be a part of the Capitol any longer?", snow said angry.
"No sir I do. I'm still a Capitol woman of course sir", I was wondering why she just didn't say no. Then it came to my mind. They would hurt me if she did. That's why snow let me in. I wasn't scared. I was just there to protect Effie.
"Well if you don't want to marry I can understand miss trinket. But you know there's one more person you need to explain this to."
"Hey dear? Missed me?I was going to be your husband. You turned me down.", it was Seneca. Was I ?no could I? I was !! I was jealous. He talked to my Effie!
" Seneca you know that I would've never married you I'd rather die.", Senecas appearance made Effie aggressive.
"President snow would you mind if I stole you this beautiful creature for a second?", Seneca asked.
" take your time ", snow said with a grin. As Effie was about to stand up from her seat and follow Seneca I grabbed her wrist.
" excuse me sir but I'm not leaving her side.", I said very protective.
"Deal with it", Seneca said grabbing Effie. I was stronger than Seneca though so I grabbed Effie too and she almost fell into my arms again.
"Sir", Seneca said.
" Seneca hold yourself. Miss trinket is here with this man tonight. Miss trinket there is one more thing we need", snow said.
"You can take mr.Abernathy back home with you but we want to warn you and your troops! With every meter that the rebellion comes closer. Their death comes as well. Tell the mockingjay I'm already expecting her."
"Anything else?", I asked pissed.
"Nothing mr.Abernathy you enjoy the night"
Effie and I left the room and went to the hover crafts.
"Haymitch you shouldn't have come ", Effie sobbed .
"Sweetheart don't worry. They're not going to hurt me.", I said.
"Oh sweetheart!!!!! Is that your new name?", Seneca grabbed Effie's wrist from behind.
I took the wrist he was holding on to and held Effie's hand taking it away from Seneca.
"Don't touch her", I say.
"And what are you? Her own little body guard?"
I didn't know what to say.
"I'm her-", I got interrupted by Effie.
"He's my boyfriend ", she knew it would make Seneca stop competing against Me.
She blushed a little.
"Effie as soon as the rebellion is over and your little friend here dead you will come back crawling and begging me to marry you so your ugly self doesn't have to die alone.", Effie held back the tears in her eyes .
"Not going to happen Seneca. The only one she's going to marry is me.", I said giving her a little wink.
We got into the hovercraft where the others were waiting with the victims. They got them. We went back to 13 and as soon as we landed Effie ran to her room.