Hannah and Sam

Hannah and Sam were as close as could be, but they weren't like twins or anything. Not at all. 

 While  Hannah might sleep in until 10 o'clock when she doesn't have school, Sam would probably get up at 6:30 or earlier.  Hannah would read a book in bed for an hour or so, and when she did get up,  she would go and eat some cereal in the kitchen in her PJs. Sam would get dressed, clean her room and make a fruit bowl for breakfast. 

Now, I'm not saying that Hannah is a slob... she's just.... Hannah. Just like Sammy is Sammy. 

The difference that most people notice first, though, is the way they look different. Both Hannah and Sam are tall and thin, like their dad must have been. Hannah was a brunette, and her hair reached her shoulders in a straight downpour. She had as much of a hard time curling her hair as Sam had straightening hers, not that either of them wanted to. Sammy's blonde hair fell just above her should in pronounced waves, but not quite curls. And while Hannah's deep brown eyes searched the pages of a book, Sam's blue ones were the color of the sky they were always gazing at. Hannah's nose was thin and 'sharp', as we always said, and Sammy's was small and petite in every way. These noses rested upon a freckled face for Hannah, and a non freckled one for Sam. At first glance, most people thought Sam to be more beautiful than Hannah, but maybe that was also because of the way they dressed.  

Samantha usually went to school in a cute skirt or jumper, sometimes even a dress. Hannah would wear jeans and a t-shirt on most days, and her vest and dress pants some days.  Hannah  didn't care for sports, except for swimming, which she did on a weekly basis.  Sam loves  to play sports, but her favorite was track, and she was the fastest in her grade.

 Putting all of this aside, Sammy and Hannah were the best of friends. They did everything together... Until fate decided to drive them apart.

This is  where our story begins...