Heartbreaking

3 years have passed since Kimmy's adoption. She's 6 now. Meryll and Bryan are enjoying being with her. At the same time, Kimmy enjoys the old couple's company.
Because they're taking care of a child, they realized that stress was imminent among themselves and Bryan decided that both him and Meryll should go to a doctor so they could know if there's anything wrong with them.

          Meryll and Bryan went to see their doctor for a health check. It was a limited offer and they had to go since they're getting older. Especially with a child, they have one more thing to deal with.

          "Is there something wrong with us, doc?" Bryan asked their doctor. The doctor seemed gloomy when he's about to announce the results. "There's nothing wrong with you, Bryan. But Meryll's body is getting weak and she's more likely to get sick." The old couple was devastated to know that Meryll's exposed to different illnesses.

          3 months have passed since their health check and Meryll's severely sick and is in a hospital. Bryan and Kimmy are staying with her until she gets well.

          One day, while Meryll was sleeping and Kimmy watching tv in their assigned hospital room, Bryan heard a long BEEP sound. He quickly realized that it was Meryll and called for doctors.

          "Doc, please! Don't let her leave us! We've been together again for just a few years." Bryan pleaded. The doctors insisted that he should take Kimmy out of the room. Bryan hoped and prayed that Meryll will be fine.

          After a few minutes, the doctor finally went out of the room and is about to declare the news. He looked like he didn't want to tell Bryan.

          "What happened, doc. Is Meryll alright?" Bryan asked. "We did everything we could. I'm sorry." The doctor told Bryan and walked away. Bryan entered the room and cried over Meryll's lifeless body. "I'm sorry, Meryll!" Bryan cried out. Tears falling on a pillow.
A couple of days have passed and Meryll was about to be buried. Bryan invited their relatives for the tragic occasion.

          After the event, Bryan brought Kimmy back to the orphanage. He figured that without Meryll, he couldn't take care of Kimmy especially because a mother knows more of her children.

          "I don't want to leave you, grandpa! We already lost grandma. I can't lose you!" Kimmy pleaded that she'd stay with Bryan. "I'm sorry, Kimmy." Bryan apologized and gave her a tight hug. He then walked away hearing the cries of Kimmy. She wanted to run to him but Linda stopped her. Tears were falling on the floor.