Chapter Eighteen

Ian sighed in confusion. It wasn't that he didn't want or love Anthony, on the contrary, he wanted to be with him. He wanted them to be happy again. Trusting Anthony again, that would be the difficult part. He never treated Ian very well towards the end of their relationship, Ian didn't want that to happen again.

But as he reminisced about their relationship he saw that they had been through thick and thin. And Anthony never really stopped loving him, along the lines they just lost the spark. But Ian was going to rekindle that spark.

Driving to Anthony's apartment, Ian thought about how they kissed, how Anthony came inside him and how they were closer than they had been for a long time. Ian didn't know how Anthony would react when Ian told him how he was lost in loving him.

But Ian knew he wouldn't run. Not this time.

They would be okay, they would make do. And it's the type of realisation you have during the eye of the storm, the type of calm during the raging wind and pouring rain that makes everything dull into a low thrum as you stand there and take everything it throws at you.

It's the type of love Ian feels when Anthony's grip is tight on his hips and his tongue is languid searching Ian's mouth on hazy Sunday afternoons.

Ian is calm before the storm, as he should be.

---------

"I don't hate you, I never did." Ian smiled softly, looking up at Anthony after confessing everything to him. "Where does this leave us?" Anthony said, a teasing grin present on his lips. "You tell me.." Ian whispered, leaning on the slightly taller man, one palm flat against his right pec. Anthony flashed a dazzling grin at Ian, leaving him a bit breathless at how hot Anthony actually is.

"How about we go out to a restaurant tonight?"

Ian shot him a toothy grin before replying, "Only if it's Italian."

Anthony let out his signature high-pitched laugh before slipping an arm around Ian's waist and nuzzling his hair. Inwardly, Ian smiling extremely hard right now at how happy he feels.

He was right in thinking they'll be alright.

After all, there's always a beautifully clear sunny day right after a hurricane.