Chapter Seven

Jamie took a day off as he wanted to spend more time with Anthony. They decided to go to Disneyland because Jamie had never been there before. He had been dying to go there, so Anthony made his wish came true. Jamie was so excited and he was jumping around.

"There are so many rides! Oh my god, I'm so happy!" Jamie exclaimed.

Anthony smiled and grabbed Jamie's hand as he locked his hand with Jamie's.

"Glad you are," he looked at Jamie.

Jamie looked at him and smiled. Anthony felt safe and warm on the inside. He realized that that was how Ian felt when they were together. Anthony was his protector and he decided to just leave him. But, Charlie came into Ian's life. Charlie was the one whose job was to protect Ian now.

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked; his face full of concern.

Anthony slowly breathed in and nodded. "Yeah, yeah."

"You sure?"

"Jamie," Anthony placed his hand on Jamie's cheek, "I'm fine." He smiled weakly.

"Now, let's go on rides, shall we?"

Anthony said and pulled Jamie, as they ran to the rides.

---------

The knock on the door woke Anthony up from his nap. He could barely open his eyes but he forced himself to get out of bed. He sat on the bed for a second until he heard the door being knocked again. He really wanted to tell whoever was behind the door to wait, but he wasn't in the mood to talk.

He then walked out of the bedroom and he suddenly hit his forehead against the wall.

Fuck.

He cursed to himself and tried opening his eyes wider. He saw the front door and went straight to open it.

It was Ian, with Daisy.

"I suppose you forgot about the play date. You know, I was really hoping you didn't, but you did forget." Ian's arms were crossed as he was still holding Daisy's leash.

Daisy sat down quietly and looked up at Ian. Ian then squatted down and took off the leash of Daisy. The dog then ran inside and searched for Pip.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? Well, at least you're here now." Anthony gave Ian an awkward smile.

Ian was having none of it and he stepped inside the house. Anthony shut the door and went to the kitchen to make a drink for Ian. The short brunet sat down on the couch as he looked over at Daisy who was playing with Pip. That made him smile. Seeing his two favorite animals playing together always made him so happy.

"Here you go," Anthony placed a cup of tea in front of Ian on the table.

Ian responded with a weak smile and drank his tea.

It was just the two of them in the house and the pets. Anthony was grateful that Jamie went out with his friends. He didn't have a relevant reason on why he didn't want Jamie to meet Ian. Maybe he was terrified of the fact that things were going to get awkward.

But, what if things weren't going to get awkward? What if Ian and Jamie actually liked each other, what if they were comfortable with each other?

Anthony shrugged it off and drank his canned drink.

"Oh, you forgot this." Ian handed Anthony a toy.

A plastic Jesus toy to be exact.

Anthony laughed and grabbed the toy from Ian, "I've been searching for this everywhere. I thought I had lost it."

He put the toy aside and the room went silent again; except for the sound of tiny footsteps running around the living room.

"Why do things have to be awkward between us?" Ian suddenly spoke as he stared into the distance.

Anthony looked over at Ian and looked back at his canned drink. He refused to make eye contact. That was the last thing he ever wanted to do since the break up.

"I mean," Ian sighed, "we're still friends, right?"

That was when Ian started crying. He sniffed and Anthony looked up, finding tears in his dear friend's eyes. He sat there, not knowing what to do.

I should comfort him.

No, you dumb shit. He's crying about the break up.

Ian cleared his throat and slowly wiped away his tears.

"I'm not crying about the break up. I'm crying about you. I'm crying because I've missed you - as a friend. I miss laughing with you. I miss just randomly slapping your head whenever you say something stupid. It's like I can't do those things anymore, unless we try not to make things weird between us."

He gave his tears a last wipe and finished his tea.

"I better get going." Ian grabbed his car keys and called Daisy to come along with him.

"I'll come by tomorrow, same time. See you."

---------

"Well, did you try making it clear for him?" Mari questioned.

Ian nodded, "Of course I did, but he kept quiet. What else was I supposed to do? Just sit there and stare at him until he gives me an answer? No. I left because I wanted to give him some time to think."

Mari rolled her eyes and sat down on a chair.

"Fine. Fine. Whatever you feel like it's the right thing to do."

"Thank you," Ian said.

Mari had been pushing Ian to go and talk to Anthony about the situation between them. It was getting kind of annoying to Ian, so that was why he did it. Mari expected an answer from Anthony, that was why she was pissed that Anthony didn't say anything and Ian decided to leave instead of waiting for an answer from Anthony.