II. ARE YOU CHEWING ICE?

[ unedited ]

ARE YOU CHEWING ICE?

LUNCH WAS ALWAYS ARDENS calming period. It was her time of peace, it was her " me " time (including minsu).

However it seems like today was going to be the complete opposite. The minute she sat down at their regular table ( which was outside at the courtyard), Minsu started talking about Ashley again. It wasn't like she didn't want to be there for her friend but this was her calming time not counselor Arden time.

Arden sighed playing with her cabbage rolls waiting for her friend to finish her very very long rant.

" — and then I asked her when is she going to introduce me to her friends and then she told me that no one knows that she's a lesbian yet! Like who does that? Who dates a girl for almost half a year and now tell me that you're a closet gay?!" Minsu exclaimed throwing her hands up in defeat laying her head on the table.

Arden would have commented right after she finished her sentenced but she was too busy stuffing her mouth with her cabbage rolls to notice. Quickly putting them down she wiped her month clean and said,

" Why don't you just break up with her?"

" Because I'm in love with her" Minsu said quietly admitting it to her and possibly herself.

" Then tell her that and maybe that could convince her to tell the world, and if she doesn't then you have the right to break up with her. " She said hoping that advice was good enough but then she added " but if shit doesn't go well don't blame it on me" giving her best friend a reassuring smile giving Minsu, her last cabbage roll.

...

Arden was patiently waiting outside The Museum of Modern Art, sitting on one of bleachers with her cup of ice. It was 4:05 and Arden knew that she should have given him her number.

The thing about New York was, it was ALWAYS busy. It's the city that never sleeps, and with the population of 8.4 million people that meant it was filled with different kinds of people. That was one of the reasons why Arden loved New York.

She was half way done with her ice when she saw Grant walking to her.

His hair was messy, he was wearing a simple white tee with grey sweatpants and had a camera around his neck.

" Sorry I'm late" he said trying to catch his breath.

He must have been running.

" It's 4:10pm" she said with no emotion looking at her phone.

" I know I know I kinda missed the train on my way here to I had to catch a taxi but that didn't work out so I just decided to run to the next station that the train was heading to." Grant explained hoping she would believe him.

Arden nodded her head, getting up from the bench plopping in one more piece of ice.

" Wait, are you eating ice?" He asked out of curiosity.

She simply nodded her head, still chewing the ice and then said, " Yes I am Mamas boy, now are we going to look at some art or are you going to question me about my ice eating?"

" Sorry Elsa" He said smirking at her before,

Arden pretending to be mad punched his shoulder.

" Jeez Elsa you sure know how to throw a punch" he said still joking with her cracking a smile while rubbing his arm.

Arden smiled. She gave him a real smile thinking that these 2 weeks may not be has bad has she assumed.

" Okay, Jack Frost lets go see some art" She said chuckling a bit before grabbing his arm pulling him inside.

A/N
OKAY SO I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! SORRY THAT IT'S SHORT !! BUT ANYWAYS LOOKS LIKE GRANT AND ARDEN MIGHT NOT HAVE A HORRIBLE TIME THESE 2 WEEKS ;) !

Q: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GRANT SO FAR?

DONT FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT, AND TO BE AWESOME !!!