Simply Perfect

New school, new people, new life. I packed boxes from the moving truck and hauled them into my room. The floor boards creeked as i walked across the wooden planks. I took a moment to capture my suroundings. Wooden floor, White walls, My name in black print above my bed frame, grey dresser with a matching side table and a small green lamp sat on top of it. I opened a few of the boxes i had set on my bed and started filling my dresser with clothing. "Mika, you forgot something." My mom said as she handed me my mirror. I hung it on a small nail in my wall. Staring back at me was a sad, boring brown haired girl. 

My parents got divorced when I was only 5. I dont remember much of my dad. He left us before I really got to know him. My mom recently got re-married. I havent met the man yet.I refused to have anything to do with him or his family. Mom and him had a wonderful idea to move in together so I could finally meet him and his son. His son is in a band and hes a couple years older than I am. 

"Mika, they will be here soon." my mom called with her weak voice. "Uh..yeah.ill be down in one second." I said as I rushed to throw on a grey long sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans. My hair had a bit of a natural wave to it from being wet earlier. But whatever. Im not trying to impress. 

-Dinner when Mika meets the family.-

We waited in the living room for them to arive home.The wall had 'The Irwins' written on it where you walked in to enter the house. We saw a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and hazel/green eyes walk through the door followed by his dad. "Come in. Dinner is almost ready." Mom said. Mom went straight to the man and dragged him to the kitchen and left me standing with the Irwin boy. "You must be Mika. I'm Ashton." he said as he held out his hand. "Hey." I said as i brushed passed him and sat on the couch in the living room. "um.. tell me about yourself? I mean, we are siblings now. We gotta get to know eachother." He shrugged as he sat down in a leather chair across from me. I just glared at him. "okay..well supper should be ready. so why dont you come and eat?" "ill be there in a minute." I spoke. I watched as Ashton got up and walked toward the tan colored room. I joined them minutes later and sat at the table. The room was filled with delicious smells of bread, and meat. "So Mika. I heard you were pretty excited to move here." The man spoke. "No." i sharply replied. "Mika, Dave just wants to have a conversation to get to know you. No need to be a pain." My mom growled at me. "Just..give her time. it must be hard moving here and forgetting all your friends back at home just to live here with someone shes never met before." Ashton spoke up. You could feel the tension at the table. "Im full." I said after eating a piece of bread and standing up to leave the table. "What do you think you're doing?" Mom sharply said. "Going to my room." i said as i stomed off. 

The next morning

I woke up to feel the cold breeze coming through the windows. I then heard a knocking on my door. "Yeah?" I asked. "Can i come in? Its Ashton." "uh.. sure." I replied as he opened the door. "School starts in an hour. Ill show you around if we get there a little early." "arent you done school?" i questioned. "only one more year." he said with a smile. "Okay, ill be ready right away." I said. he then closed the door as he left. Maybe hes not so bad after all. I threw on black leggings and a maroon lace shirt over my black tank top. I threw on some short black lace up military type boots and a long black cross necklace. I ran to my bathroom and straightend my hair and traced around my eyes with black eyeliner and mascara. "Mika are you ready?" I heard an Australian accent call from the main floor. "Yeah!" i shouted back as I grabbed my black over the shoulder bag and rushed down the stairs. "Well you look nice." He said as he smiled and handed me an apple. "Right, breakfast." I said as i hopped into his car. "Luke and Calum will probably end up in one of your classes. Keep an eye out for Luke. Just be careful around him, Yeah?" "okay." I said confused. "The boys are coming over after school to have band practice so if you dont meet them today for some reason i'll intoduce you guys after school."  Ashton spoke. 

-School-

Ashton walked me to my first class and showed me my locker before leaving and heading to his class. I walked into my first class and sat by a blonde boy. He glanced over at me so i gave him a smile. "Hi, Im Mika." He just looked away. Now i know how Ashton must of felt yesterday. "Im calum." a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw a smiling dark haired boy. "Thats Luke. Dont worry about him. Hes always rough on the new kids." Calum said with another smile. "I'm Mika. Ashtons step sister." "You're Ash's step sister?" Luke said as he turned to me. "uh.. yeah." "really?" calum asked. "Yeah, just moved in with him yesterday." "Thats cool!" Calum said again with a smile. "Ugh." Luke said as he turned away. "what?" i asked. "Nothing." The bell then wrang and everyone rushed out of the classroom. Calum walked with me to my locker and we walked to the next class together. "Hey, whats up with that Luke kid?" I asked. "um, nothing. just be careful around him." Calum said as he turned into the open classroom door. 

why was everyone telling me to be careful around Luke? He cant be that bad.. Can he?..