Chapter Two

After what seemed like hours of crying, I heard a light knock on my door. "Brianna darling, we need to get you ready for the ball." My mother said sounding all too cheery. "Mother. Please." I said as new tears started to form. "Brianna.. You need to grow up and start being the princess you're meant to be." She said sounding almost angry. "Mom, I am not interested in being a princess, or being married to any of those snobby, rich buffoons! I wish you would just let me have my way for once." My mom huffed and threw a big, all-too-poofy dress on my bed. "We will talk later", She managed to say calmly. "Get dressed and join us downstairs as soon as possible." I almost screamed as she stormed out of my room.

I wiped my eyes and looked at my outfit with disgust. It was a dark lavender, atrocious dress with matching low heels. I sighed as I went into my bathroom and took a long shower, trying to relax and wash away the sorrow. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into my room. As always, the maids were here to dress me. As much as I hated them seeing me nude, I always tried my best to ignore it. I knew my mom would never approve of me dressing myself.

When I was dressed, they pulled me into a chair and began doing my hair and makeup. When they were finally finished, they insisted that I look at myself in the mirror to see how beautiful I looked. As always, I refused. I already knew how everyone would see me on the outside, I only wish they could see me from the inside. I faked a smile and headed downstairs.

*Please vote and comment! Any suggestions? Thanks for reading!*