March 21st

"And, without further ado, this year's nominees for prom king and queen are: Sabrina Thatcher, Drake Stevens, Brooke Lavender, Blake Morgan, Eve Marshall, and Harry Styles!"

Harry almost cringed. There wasn't really a reasonable way for his name to be on that ballot, Eve's maybe, he certainly thought she should be on the list because she was the prettiest girl in school, but people still hardly liked them so it was unlikely.

Eve turned to look at him immediately, her eyes alight with happiness and her smile matching.

She was so happy, but he couldn't help but feel like it was some kind of joke because, again, what friends did they really have besides each other?

She had a few friends, granted, but he still didn't and a few still wasn't enough to get on the ballot.

He wanted to be happy for her so bad, and he smiled at her despite his thoughts that something about this just didn't seem right. Maybe, it could be genuine. People haven't looked at either of them the way that they used to and they actually have started to pay more attention to them recently, a lot if he was being honest.

At lunch, everyone would stare at them and watch how they interacted like they were some sort of science experiment, and in the halls people would talk about them in hushed tones, so there was a chance, even if it was a small one.

All day, after the announcement, he couldn't stop thinking about the look on her face when she heard their names called. It was like looking at the sky until all of the stars shone brightly, but not as bright as the moon; her smile definitely rivaled the moon.

Eve was just as confused as he was about how the two of them had been nominated, but she adored things like this and just to be nominated meant so, so much to her so he kept his mouth shut and didn't tell her what he thought about it being some kind of a joke, like in the movie Carrie.

He had smiled at her and closed the space between their desks only to speak softly in her ear, "Even if we don't win, or if you don't win, you will always be my queen."

She had blushed deeply, he absolutely adored it when she blushed, and he kissed her cheek only to get yelled at by Mrs. Laveric for PDA.

He really hoped that it wasn't some big joke. If it was, it would break Eve's beautiful heart and he didn't like it when she was upset, nor did he want her to be upset on the night that she had been dreaming about since she was a little girl.