April 6th

Today is Eve's eighteenth birthday. There was school, but he had talked it over with her mum a few weeks before and she was absolutely fine with the two of them skipping to celebrate her birthday.

It took a lot longer to convince Eve to skip school just to spend the day with him, but after quite a few kisses and promises that she would have a good time, she finally gave in.

He took her out to her favourite little café for breakfast, where he stole bites from her bagel and teasingly pretended to sip her coffee, and she laughed and laughed while telling him to knock it off.

Next, they walked a few blocks over and he took her to this little art shop where they spent hours painting. Harry painted her a picture that was a collage of the two of them and their moments. He had left negative space in the center so that it formed a heart and inside the heart he tried to write in his best cursive 'I love you.'

It was absolutely awful and looked like a little kid had painted it, but Eve swore up and down that she loved it so much and, no matter how much he protested, she still brought it with her with the intent to hang it on her bedroom wall.

For lunch, he set up a very crappy picnic that Eve adored despite how simple and lame that he thought it was.

They ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and kissed, not the meaningless or desperate kisses that he had seen so many times in the halls and sometimes out on the streets, but the kisses that really meant something.

He wouldn't forget those kisses that they shared even if his mind failed him.

After their little picnic, he took her to this place that he found while looking around town for places to take her, where they made each other perfume and cologne. He wasn't really sure what smells she liked, or most girls really, but he tried his best.

Eve said she absolutely adored it and would wear it all the time.

It wasn't even the end of the day yet and he already found it very hard not to just grab her and kiss her every moment that he could.

A few weeks before, he had also found this little vintage shop and bought this old Polaroid. They took pictures all day long.

Harry didn't normally like pictures, but he got over it because he knew they made her happy and seeing her happy was the best thing in the world.

He took her to her absolute favourite restaurant for dinner and refused to let her pay, no matter how much that she insisted. He didn't buy her roses, because it was too typical and she was so much better than that, but he did pick her some flowers that he found in the park and gave them to her anyway.

Eve adored them even though she had seen him pick them and they both knew that they were weeds in all reality. The gesture alone made the swarms of butterflies in her body go crazy.

She smiled all day. He loved her smile more than he loved being alive.

After dinner, he took her home and they played her favourite games on the Wii. He let her win every time.

Her mother was working late so he wasn't worried when he ran her a nice hot bath and talked to her from outside the bathroom door. If he had the chance, he could talk to her for the rest of his life and never run out of things to say or ever get bored with whatever it was that she had to say.

When she got out, he had a hard time ignoring the fact that the only thing she was wearing was a short and fluffy white towel.

Eve noticed and her cheeks flushed, but she didn't grab any clothes and instead sat next to him on her bed.

"I love the way that you look at me."

Harry lifted his eyes from his hands to look over at her and smile brightly, "You do?"

Eve nodded, "Yeah, I do."

He was struggling to keep his eyes on hers and not her mouth, "I love the way that you look at me too. No one's ever looked at me the way that you do."

A soft giggle passed her rosy lips, "I should be saying the same thing to you."

Before he realized it, he was kissing her and he was hovering over her in the middle of the bed.

Eve was the one to take things further, he never wanted to push her so he only kissed her in a different way, her hands untying the knot in her towel and casting it aside.

She was heaven. He'd asked her more than once if what they were doing was what she wanted, and each time she'd said yes and brought him closer.

Neither one of them had been planning to make love at any point in the day, but it happened anyway and it wasn't just because they wanted to prove that they were in love with one another.

They didn't have to, but they did anyway and it was far more special than either of them had thought it would be.

He stayed with her all night, and for most of the next day because he never wanted to leave. Eve made him the best version of himself and he loved her far more than he could put to words, even though they had only been together for a few months.

And, while he loved her, he was so afraid that he would do something stupid and break her beautiful heart.