Chapter One - Arianna Prologue

I paddled harder and harder. Deeper and deeper. Fuller and fuller. Each and every stroke brought me closer to the wave. I finally caught up with it. My hands instantly grabbed the rails of my board, out of a force of habit. I pushed down on them, and stepped up, onto the Quicksilver board underneath me. My weight balanced out, and then started to lean in one direction. The direction that I wanted to go in. My board and myself, both made our ways up to the top of the wave. I snapped the tail up, so it was closest to the wave's edge. I did this continuously, until a barrel started to form at the bottom of the wave. It was a tight squeeze, but I managed. I got myself in there, and rode it cautiously. It was short, so in no time, I had finished my run on the wave. I rode up to the wave's edge, and jumped off, doing a mute grab in the process. Once I had landed back in the ocean's water, and got myself back on my board, I paddled to the beach. It was a good surfing session. Better than usual.

"Hey! Arianna right?" A blond girl, who looked to be in her twenty's approached me.

"Yeah." I recognized her face. I'd seen her before.

"My name is Alana Blanchard."

I mentally gasped. How did I not recognize her? One of the word's most famous Professional Surfers! Best friends with Bethany Hamilton, another Professional boarder!

"Hey! I was wondering why you looked so... familiar." We both chuckled.

"You know, you have a really shot at becoming a pro. You've got great talent." I could not believe that Alana Blanchard, was telling me that I could be a professional surfer.

"If only I was older.. right?" Usually fifteen-year-old's aren't brought into the surfing business.

"You're like what? Eighteen at least."

I choked on my own breath, from laughter. Me? Eighteen? Hah!

"No. I'm fifteen. Just turned, on June 1st."

"Wow! You look like you're eighteen. Well, you have to promise me that in a couple of years, that you'll consider the surfing industry."

"I promise." I nodded.

"Perfect. Well, it was nice meeting you Arianna. Just remember who told you about your potential."

"I will. Thank you so much!"

On that note, we parted ways. I couldn't stop smiling. One of my most favourite surfers in the world had a real conversation with me! I'm usually not one to be all fangirly, but hey, Alana Blanchard is one of the best surfers around!! I got my skateboard out from my backpack, and started riding down the sidewalk. My thoughts drowned in what had just happened. It's so surreal. But I guess I had gotten a little too drowned in my thoughts, because next thing you know, I clashed shoulders with another person. I fell to the ground, and felt an impact on my head, My world blacked out.

*****

A/N: Okay! So you may be thinking "this doesn't sound like @CityxAngel 's kind of writing!" That's because, I am not CityxAngel! Don't worry, I didn't hack her account or anything! We're doing a collaboration book. My name is Lauren. I will be taking on the roll of "Arianna". My account is @Emblem3sCriticalHero. I'm currently writing a book by myself as well, titled "Just That Canadian Kid." If you'd like to know more about me, feel free to go and visit my profile:) This chapter is dedicated to CityxAngels because, 1) She's really awesome XD 2) She's a very good person to work with and 3) She gave me the opportunity to experience a collaboration book. And I appreciate it immensely. Thank you to CityxAngels, her followers, readers, people who vote, comment, and the makers of Wattpad! I hope you enjoyed my little "sneak preview" of my chapters a.k.a "Arianna's Story". Oh and btw CITYXANGELS MADE THE COVER AND IT IS AMAZING! 100% CREDITS TO HER! :) (Picture of Arianna to the side >>>>>)

Tumblr: Emblem3sCriticalHero.tumblr.com

~ E3sCH :)!!