Drunk On Love

Ally moaned as the Valedictorian continued. He paused again, already for the fifth time, attempting to add a dramatic, emotional affect which only annoyed Ally more. She started fidgeting with the table's cloth, trying to remain calm. How much longer will he stall? Ally's desire to escape from High School's miserable grounds growed inside her, she wants nothing more than to leave its dungeon, the classroom's being the individual cells for prisoners like herself and the teachers as cruel supervisors. Finally, the crowd roared with cheers, the air filled with the stench of sweat and soon caps were being thrown above Ally's head. Gorr nudged Ally, smiling. Despite the horrible experience in the years of schooling, Gorr is one of the reasons Ally persevered. They met, what seemed like yesterday, a couple of years ago. In Ally's middle school days, when Gorr walked through the door deciding to sit with her out of all the other people in class, offering her a rock with googly eyes. Of course Ally was hesitant at accepting it, but Gorr's welcoming dark brown eyes insisted. 

     The rock symbolized the foundation of their friendship. Ally and Gorr were considered bestfriends after that, accompanying each other amid family gatherings, testing each other before quizzes and being each other's strength to pursue their journeys during the wicked hours of school. Gorr's kiss on Ally's cheek snapped her back to the present, her graduation ceremony. Students already were jumping into each other's arms, laughing and crying. The football team hollered at Gorr to join them, who then glanced at Ally for approval, she nodded. 

Ally's P.O.V.

What a relief. It's finally over, the suffering, the humiliation, the mocking chants of nicknames, it's all over.

"Hey Ally! Or should I say, troll? It's close enough," laughed Veronica.

Well, I spoke too soon. I tried walking by Veronica but Tory and Mary blocked my path.

"Oh cmon, we have to say goodbye to the school's freak," snickered Mary.

"Even till the last day you girls are eager to rip me into shreds."

"Your pain provides us satisfaction, you know that," scoffed Tory.

They were right. All the times they've called me names, I let them destroy me. I just didn't have the courage to defend myself, but now I do.

"Well, it won't work today. I'll finally be free of your wrenched hands, yet alone your absurdity" I smiled and walked away.

It felt good, I rehearsed it differently but this went well. Lost in my thoughts, 

"That smile has a story behind it," Gorr came up from behind, interrupting. 

"I told Mary, Veronica and Tory about my freedom."

     There it was, his laugh. The kind of laugh that forces me into a laugh, the kind that eases my worries. I smiled at him, clearly that wasn't enough because Gorr started making funny faces and mimiced Veronica. It's impossible to keep a straight face while Gorr expresses his foolish side. Gorr put his arm around my shoulder and together we walked out of the gymnasium into the cool breeze of liberty.

Gorr's P.O.V.

     How do I tell Ally? She's going to think of every reason to not attend, but at least her presence will be comforting. I should tell her that I need her there with me, that she's my partner in crime, the yin to my yang, the maple to my syrup. Breathe Gorr, come on you can do this. I knocked on her door, waiting for someone to answer. I saw the light flicker on and a shadow running down the stairs, then the door swung open.