Chapter Two

Ally was the only one by Gorr's bed now. Mrs. Chalters, Ally's mother, had to take care of Noah so she dropped him off at Andy's house again and then headed off to work herself. Gorr's family visited Gorr too, his mother stayed the longest as the rest of them went home. It was about 6:00am when Ally insisted that Gorr's mother should go home to relax and after much convincing, Gorr's mother gave in. She kissed Ally on the forehead then whispered something into her ear and with that Ally was alone in the room. The only thing that she heard was Gorr's steady breathing and the beeping of the monitor. Gorr stirred a bit in his sleep alarming Ally a couple of times but she eased after he relaxed again. The pounding in Ally's head had stopped the moment she woke up last night, it was odd. She spent her time at the hospital beside Gorr, thinking about it all. 

Ally's P.O.V.

The lights, the dent, the blood. It looked like one of those accidents in action movies, quick and brutal. I saw it all... Heck, I thought it was just a dream, a nightmare. But something inside of me knew it was real. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but I felt the impact myself, it felt like I was the one who had the accident. When my mother was arriving at the Emergency doors at the hospital I saw Gorr's body, bloody and unconscious. It's an image I'll never forget. I guess it was just luck that I knew what happened when it did before it was too late. 

I closed my eyes for a moment allowing myself to breathe deeply to clear my mind. I only had about 2 hours of sleep, that too before I knew Gorr had an accident. I refused to fall asleep through the night just in case the doctor's had more news about Gorr's condition. He's lucky. He's got a couple of broken ribs and a broken arm, but that's about it. There's also a couple of scratches and cuts here and there but the biggest one is near his eye. I traced his cut, starting from his left eyebrow down to the side of his eye and finishing at his cheek. The doctor had to stitch it up to prevent further infections.

It's all my fault. If only I had gone on time. If only I hadn't fallen asleep. If only my stupid head stopped throbbing. If only I was there with him, this wouldn't have happened. Suddenly, I felt tears stroll down my eyes and I sniffed. I couldn't control my tears now, I used my sleeve to wipe them and soon they were soaked. I ripped out tissues from the box and blowed my nose into them, one after the other. 

I felt his hands reach up and stroke my cheek, it startled me at first but with no one else in the room, it was clear that the soft finger tips caressing my cheeks, were Gorr's. I looked at him, he was smiling. 

"Why are you crying? I haven't even left for New York yet," he whispered, winking.

I let out a sudden laugh as I wiped away my tears. This is Gorr for you everyone.

"How do you know you're not in New York already?" I said, trying to avoid noticing the crack in my voice.

"Cause you're here with me.." he said trailing off.

I took his hand in mine and brushed his hair back from his eyes. They were filled with tears..

"Please don't cry Gorr.. You're the strongest person I know,

I can't do this. Gorr's tears were literally daggers to my heart, I didn't want to see him cry. Before I knew it, I kissed Gorr's cheek. 

"What was that for?" he asked.

"Nothing,"

Truthfully, it meant a lot. 'Nothing' was a lie. 

Just then the doctor interrupted and quickly apologized. He was going to check up on Gorr and his injuries so he asked me to leave. I looked back at Gorr before I left. His chest rised and descended slowly, his body lay under a white blanket that was up to his knees, and there were tubes along his arms and under his nose, the image almost seemed frightening if I didn't already know he was okay.