Chapter 4

Mrs. Philbrook left in the wee hours the morning, finally deciding to eat after two days of juices and a couple of Jell-Os. The sun had barely kissed the horizon as she left in the old '74 Mustang. Smoke trailing it through the filled parking lot, pain not ceasing, even at night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now," spoke Stoognar. He had only just learned the language that Gwen spoke. It was a rather simple language, too easy to master for the impressive species.

One of the men (alien, actually) that stood to his right pulled out a bright copper gun looking item from a belt around his waist. Not even a second later the wall between their spaceship and Gwen vanished. The alien upon his left pulled out a similar weapon and pointed it at Gwen, who in an instant, had also vanished.

"We are done here." Stoognar once again spoke.

And, at his words, they took off faster than the speed of light into the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. Philbrook arrived at home, unsure of why she would have left Gwen all alone. What if she woke up while she was gone?

She looked around the house. Her husband want home. Most likely already having left for work.

"Great, in and out." Mrs. Philbrook spoke to herself.

She scrabbled into the kitchen and quickly made an egg and some toast. Hurriedly, she ate the small meal and made a ham sandwich for later.

When she finally made her way back to the hospital, she screamed. Nurses from every direction ran to the sound of the distressed cry.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" One of them with long brown hair asked, too much makeup coated on her face.

"WHERE'S MY KYLIE?" Mrs. Philbrook asked in a panic, throwing covers from the thin bed.

The nurses were now intrigued, they could have sworn she was the coma patient.

"Ma'am, the doctors must have taken her for a test or two. We ask you remain calm."

Mrs. Philbrook was sure she was overreacting at these words. She sighed, throwing her head in her hands and taking a seat.
"You're probably right." Her words were chocked, embarrassment consuming her.

The nurse was proud to have calmed the hysteric woman. She walked away, though the woman was calmed (for now), she received no notice of doctors taking the patient.

She dialed Dr. Marlo's, Kylie Philbrook's doctor at the time, pager. He came to her within the minute.

"Yes?" He asked the nurse.

"Where is, let's see.. Kylie Philbrook?"

"Kylie? Room 427?" He inquired.

"Yes." The nurse was growing impatient.

"In her room?" He said, thinking it was obvious.

"No, she isn't. Are you sure you didn't authorize any tests?" This was not going well.

"I didn't. Is she not in her room?" Now Dr. Marlo was growing worried.

"Why else would I be asking?" The impatience growing within her.

"I. I have no clue. Call security, tell them to watch Kylie's surveillance. We need to find her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man in a officer looking uniform dialed Dr. Marlo's pager number quickly.

Dr. Marlo was waiting for this for a while. He ran as fast as he could to the room.

"What did. What did you find?" He asked, out of breath.

"You need to see this."

On the screen, earlier events played out. Kylie's mother left. And then, Kylie herself left. More so, actually, she vanished.

"Sh. She disappeared. Into thin air.." Dr. Marlo was speechless. How was this possible? Where did she go?

Again and again they watched the video feed. Again and again they were dumbfounded.

They finally called Mrs. Philbrook into the room to see for herself.

That didn't overall go well. Mrs. Philbrook broke down. What happened to her baby?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry, filler. But still, I wasn't sure whether to make it to where everyone forgot her existence or to make her mom, and everyone really, panic. So I just went with my gut and said, "Fuck it, let em panic." So, that's that. But how is everyone's break going? Get anything good for Christmas or the holidays? Anyway, enjoy. I'll try to update again before the New Year. So ye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~